25 Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes
These 25 quick and easy, healthy dinner ideas are perfect for even the busiest of weeknights. I’ve compiled my go-to easy weeknight dinner recipes and these are guaranteed to be your family favorites too! You are going to want to make ALL of these quick and easy dinner recipes!
All good things must come to an end, my friends. We’ve had a big summer full of sun, fun and marking things off the summer bucket list, but once again, it’s that time of year where we trade in pool time for school time.
As we gear up for shorter, yet somehow fuller, days that seem to slip right through our busy fingers, we need quick and easy dinners we can throw together at a moment’s notice. So we’re bringing you simple recipes that won’t burden your chaotic nights or make you a slave to takeout or leave you eating cereal for dinner. Confession: Sometimes I love cereal for dinner. Ha! And we’ve also got you covered on the breakfast front, because we know mornings can be just as crazy!
25 Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes
1. Healthy Taco Meat | Healthy tacos that are filled with nutritious Mexican taco meat and any other favorite toppings you love on your tacos. These healthy tacos make for an easy dinner recipe that the whole family will enjoy, even your pickiest eaters!
“I made this for my lunches for the week. They were so yummy and since I have 3 kiddos, it worked perfect to have something that I could make once and warm up for the week.” – Tamara
2. Healthy Seafood Chowder | This Healthy Seafood Chowder is seriously the best! It’s flavorful, creamy, full of delicious seafood and can be table ready in about 45 minutes! Packed with tender shrimp and fish that are combined in a creamy clam broth with veggies. This tasty chowder recipe is a comfort food that can be easily enjoyed at home any day of the week!
“Can’t wait to make this again all winter!” – Noelle
3. Light Sausage Egg Spinach Casserole | Have breakfast for dinner with this easy breakfast casserole that’s made with frozen hash browns, eggs, sausage and spinach. This one is perfect for a feeding a crowd, allergy-friendly, and can be made the night before or the morning of. As an added plus, this breakfast casserole is Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free and can easily be made Whole30 compliant.
“This is a wonderful casserole that I have made for years! I began using it at Christmas but loved it so much, I now make it all year long.” – Carol
4. Salmon Avocado Burgers | These delicious salmon burgers with avocado work great cooked on the grill or skillet! They’re easy, tasty and super healthy. Serve them on hamburger buns or with a salad!
“YUMMY! I’m loved the salmon and avocado combo. These were so good and grilled up perfectly.” – Amy
5. Zucchini Turkey Burgers | If you’re looking for a healthy turkey burger recipe, that’s also super juicy and full of flavor, you’ve found it! These Healthy Zucchini Turkey Burgers are low in calories and carbs, but high in protein and deliciousness. They’re always a crowd pleaser!
“Love this healthier option to burger night! So perfect that you can make them ahead of time too.” – Demeter
6. Simple Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa | These Super Simple Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa is such an easy, tasty dinner idea. It’s light, refreshing, quick and quite possibly the most perfect summer meal!
“These are so good, it’s a good summer recipe.” – Maryann
7. Skinny Enchilada Casserole | This dish takes less than 30 minutes, from start to finish! Even my picky kiddos enjoy this easy chicken enchilada casserole! It’s made with shredded chicken, rice, corn, black beans, salsa and cheese, all baked together to golden brown perfection.
“Today was the first time I made this meal and the flavors were astounding!!! My hubby kept making yummy noises! Thanks for this awesome recipe. It’s a keeper!” – Janie
8. Chickpea Avocado Tacos | Insanely delicious Chickpea Avocado Tacos. Hearty, healthy, and ready in less than 20 minutes with no heat required. The perfect plant-based, gluten-free lunch or dinner!
9. Mexican Chopped Tuna Salad | This Mexican inspired tuna salad is packed with tons of fresh veggies, tuna fish, and a creamy taco-flavored dressing. It’s a delicious, light meal served in tortilla wraps, lettuce wraps or with tortilla chips!
“This tastes so fresh! I made the dressing ahead of time to blend the flavors. Love it. Taking some to work so everybody can sample!” – Debbie
10. English Muffin Pizzas | These make for a fun and easy pizza night idea! Everyone loves pizza, especially when they can create their own perfect pizza!
“My 11 year old has made these for lunch for himself every day this week. They’re so easy and taste like regular pizza. Thanks for yummy recipe!” – Lyndsay
11. Sweet Potato Black Bean Casserole | A family-friendly Mexican-inspired enchilada casserole recipe, that’s as tasty as it is healthy. This Sweet Potato Black Bean Casserole is vegan and gluten-free, but can also be easily adapted to include meat.
“We modified this slightly – added 1/2 lb ground beef (per my husband’s insistence), took out the tortillas/mixed in the salsa and served it as a dip with chips. It was FANTASTIC! Definitely a new family favorite. Thanks!!” – Meaghan
12. Parmesan Crusted Cod | This Parmesan Crusted Cod recipe is one of the easiest fish meals to prepare for a quick, tasty weeknight dinner. You’ll have a super healthy meal ready to serve in less than 30 minutes!
“This was so delicious and easy to make. I will definitely be cooking it often. I cut up zucchini and squash, tossed them in olive oil, seasoned them with salt, pepper and oregano, and baked them for 30 minutes. I had a delicious meal ready for my family in no time! Thank you for the recipe!” – H.S.
13. Healthy Honey Garlic Shrimp | For a quick and easy weeknight dish, this Healthy Honey Garlic Shrimp recipe hits the spot! It’s sweet, savory, delicious and ready in just 20 minutes! Serve with brown rice and vegetables for a complete meal the whole family will love.
“I love a good shrimp recipe, and this tastes amazingly good and I always have the sauces needed at home. Thanks for sharing. 🙂” – Anita
14. Sweet Potato Black Bean Burritos | Healthy Sweet Potato and Black Bean Vegan Burritos stuffed with sweet potato, black beans, avocado and brown rice. They’re gluten-free, vegan and make a fabulous breakfast, lunch or dinner that’s ready in under 30 minutes!
“I love this recipe! I use a Seeds of Change quinoa/brown rice combo pack and I think it’s a little bit more than 1 cup, but it works perfectly. I’ve made this twice and it was super delicious both as an actual burrito and as a burrito bowl (which I just finished eating and man, it was so good). It’s easy and quick and left me feeling so content and nourished. Thanks!” – Bethany
15. Easy Healthy Lasagna | It’s time to cozy up with the BEST Easy Healthy Lasagna recipe for dinner tonight. All of the goodness of classic lasagna, but lightened up and packed with protein for a skinny version of the traditional recipe!
“My kids really loved it! A new favorite in my house!” – Toni
16. Seared Salmon Tacos with Avocado Crema | Seared Salmon Tacos with Avocado Crema! It’s the perfect twist on the original fish taco recipe and a family favorite! These are super easy to make, heart-healthy, and full of flavor. Your family will love this Mexican favorite!
“You’re amazing! The wife absolutely LOVED the avacado crema sauce! Salmon itself is great, but adding the sauce really kicked it up a notch! We’ve used the extra sauce we had left over in tuna and it’s fabulous!” – Drew
17. Healthy Taco Soup | This healthy taco soup is beyond delicious and so quick and easy to make. It will be one of those go-to hearty soup recipes you make again and again!
“I made this yesterday and LOVED it. Even “Grumpy Grandpa” who doesn’t like much of anything any longer enjoyed every spoonful. I must confess, I thought i had a packet of Taco Seasoning in the pantry and when I found out I didn’t, but had a Fajita Seasoning packet instead, I used it. LOVELY! Will make this again and again…” – Darleen
18. Healthy Chicken Parmesan Burgers | A cross between a delicious burger and yummy chicken parmesan, these Healthy Chicken Parmesan Burgers are going to knock your socks off! There is so much flavor and goodness in this quick and easy family meal!
“This is such an awesome idea! Loving the flavors – what a great twist on chicken parm!” – Danielle
19. Easy Shrimp Zucchini Skillet | This Easy Shrimp Zucchini Squash Skillet recipe is loaded with veggies, flavorful spices, and shrimp. It’s a low-carb, Whole30, gluten-free, and Paleo one-pan meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
“I love this! Zucchini is one of my favorite veggies and I can never say no to shrimp. Great combo and healthy dinner!” – Dahn
20. 15 Minute Skinny Orange Chicken | This is one of those recipes you want in your back pocket for days when you need something on the table fast and you’d prefer it to be healthy, satisfying, and pretty if at all possible. Easy 15 Minute Skinny Orange Chicken to the rescue!
“I love how quick and easy this recipe is! As a single mom, I am all about saving time when cooking in the afternoon!” – Jessica
21. 15 Minute Mozzarella Chicken | The whole family will love this one. It can be ready in about 15 minutes with very minimal prep, it only requires 4 simple ingredients, and it’s pretty healthy too. Serve it over zucchini noodles for a good, solid, wholesome weeknight dinner with protein and veggies…. but also cheesy and saucy enough to still be amazing.
“Very nice and easy!” – Dolores
22. Pesto Pasta Salad | You only need 5 ingredients and 15 minutes to make this easy pesto pasta salad! It is the perfect pasta salad for summertime or busy weeknights. And it’s my go-to for a quick and easy dinner. Not only does my whole family love it, but it makes a large amount and that means a ready-to-go lunch for the next day.
“I tried this at home yesterday and this turned out to so delicious. This changed my perception of not having salads normally. Thank you for this delicious recipe. I would like to see some more recipes related to salads and will share with others. keep sharing 🙂” – Alicia
23. Copycat Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup | Loaded with good-for-you ingredients and full of flavor and comfort. Serve with crusty bread for the perfect cozy meal, the whole family will love.
“Your version of this chicken noodle soup is delicious and is now my go-to recipe! My kids loooove it — we eat about once a week during the fall/winter. So quick and easy using a rotisserie chicken. The lemon gives it something special!” – Michelle
24. Fast & Easy Chicken Enchiladas | My all-time favorite enchilada recipe, made with red and green enchilada sauce, so that you get the best of both worlds! Soft and delicious corn tortillas filled with shredded cheese, chicken and salsa, these come together so easily and they will definitely become a family favorite Mexican dinner.
“These really were quick and delicious. I didn’t have everything on hand, so I replaced taco seasoning with 2 Tbs chili powder and 1 tsp. cumin, and rolled them up in whole wheat tortillas. I also appreciated the info about never adding the enchilada sauce to the filling to prevent sogginess (definitely a problem I’ve had in the past with other recipes). Thanks for the great recipe!!” – Kathy
25. Easy Shrimp Pesto Tortellini | Wholesome and delicious Easy Pesto Shrimp Tortellini Salad made simply with basil pesto, tasty tortellini, juicy tomatoes and quick-cooking shrimp. Just 4 main ingredients in only 20 minutes – the perfect quick + easy dinner!
“My family and I LOVe pesto! I am amazed at how much flavor this dish packs with just a few ingredients. A dream come true indeed!!!” – Kathy
We hope you enjoy these 25 Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes! Now, it’s your turn! What are your favorite weeknight meals? Please share in the comments! We love getting new dinner ideas!
Want more dinner recipes? Check out our recipe index!