Gluten Free Pumpkin Banana Muffins
These Gluten Free Pumpkin Banana Muffins are so scrumptious that you’d never guess they’re healthy! Whipped up in less than 5 minutes, they make the perfect fall-inspired breakfast or snack.
I know fall doesn’t officially start for another couple of weeks and some of you are still experiencing VERY hot weather (me too!), but with the nights getting longer, the kiddos back in school and Halloween goodies showing up in stores, it’s inevitable- pumpkin season is upon us. Get ready, guys.
I already have tons of ideas swirling around in my head to make the most of pumpkin season. I try to hold off until at least September before subtly suggesting that you start introducing the orange squash into your diet, but with labor day in the bag, I think I’m in the clear. But I promise to sprinkle in non-pumpkin recipes here and there too, for any of you pumpkin haters. 🙂
I will say to all of you not quite convinced that it’s pumpkin season already, these Gluten Free Pumpkin Banana Muffins are subtly flavored with pumpkin. The pumpkin spice taste is very light with these and there’s banana too. Who doesn’t get excited about banana muffins?!
I hope y’all are as in love with these gluten free muffins as much as I am! They’re:
And 100% crazy delicious
These would make the perfect take-along snack for work or school. They would also make a lovely holiday gift or dessert for fall parties. And since they’re gluten free, and dairy-free, almost everyone can enjoy.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment and take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram! I’d love to see your version of these yummy muffins. Happy baking, friends!
- 2 cups Gluten Free flour spoon in cup and level off with knife for accurate measurement
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or olive oil or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup Lite and Sweet or granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- Optional for topping- 1 tablespoon Lite and Sweet or sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a muffin pan with butter or nonstick spray or line with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice; creating a well in the center. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin, banana and milk.
- Add the liquid mixture to the well in the center of the flour and stir together until just combined. Do not overmix, as muffins may become tough.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared baking cups. I use a large ice cream scoop. Sprinkle with remaining optional topping, if desired.
- Place pan in oven and immediately reduce heat to 375° F. Bake for about 25 minutes or until muffin tops are golden brown. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Move to wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy with honey, butter, jam or even delicious without any spread!
Nutritional information calculated with Lite and Sweet, which lowers calories from what they will be if using sugar.
Pin-it and share the love!
If you’re all about pumpkin season, enjoy some of my favorites!
Something to think about….
Pumpkin season- Do you love it? Do you hate it? Do you not really care either way?