Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Perfectly sweetened, wonderfully spiced, one-bowl Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are a cinch to whip up and will fill your autumn morning with deliciousness! These are a healthier, lighter, more wholesome pumpkin spice muffin with absolutely no oil, butter and very little sugar.
Tender and studded with mini chocolate chips, I enjoyed these muffins all weekend, along with pumpkin spiced lattes. And as a side note they’re a really great fix for pregnancy cravings. No, not me! I’ve mentioned a couple of times, that my oldest daughter is pregnant and due to pop at any moment.
Her due date is actually Halloween. Fun! But not fun because she’s completely miserable… there’s a full moon tonight…
I guess my little pumpkin is nice and cozy and will come whenever he’s ready. If he’s anything like his mama, he’ll be a little late. She actually has an appointment on November 3rd to schedule an induction, if she hasn’t went into labor by then… so, we’ll see.
We’re all getting very excited! I told her he’s going to be my healthy eater. Drinking green smoothies with Gigi… wishful thinking… ha!
I’ll be sure to keep you guys posted on the baby news! Other than a new bundle of joy and yummy pumpkin muffins, there are lots of other things to celebrate about fall. I love just about everything about this time of year- changing leaves, big cozy sweaters, crisp evening walks and most of all warm snuggles by the fire. We’ve yet to light a fire in our fireplace, but I have a feeling it won’t be long. 🙂
- 2 cups flour or pancake mix all-purpose, whole wheat, whole wheat pastry flour, spelt flour or pancake mix* will all work
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice or use cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk any milk will work
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree organic if possible
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips I use Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips for all recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line muffin cups with muffin liners and set aside. I prefer not using liners for this recipe.
- Combine all dry ingredients in mixing bowl; whisk to combine. Add wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Fill 12 muffin cups evenly. They will be close to full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 25 minutes and until tops are golden brown. I didn’t use muffin liners and removed my muffins immediately from the muffin pan (after cooked) to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
*If using pancake mix, omit the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
If you’re a muffin fan, you’ve got to try a few other family favorites from Kim’s Cravings!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Oat Streusel Topping– Brad and I cannot get enough of these!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins– Portable oatmeal in muffin form! One of the most popular recipes on Kim’s Cravings!
Banana Nut Protein Muffins– Protein packed deliciousness!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite fall flavor? I hope you’re not all pumpkined out, I have a few more scrumptious pumpkin spiced recipes to share with you… coming later this week! Then we can move on to peppermint everything!