Ham Pineapple Quinoa Salad
Thanks so much to Smithfield for sponsoring this post and giving us flavorful ham to make this Ham Pineapple Quinoa Salad extra delicious!
This ham pineapple quinoa salad is loaded with fresh, tropical flavors and is dressed in a vinaigrette made from pineapple juice and sweetened with honey. An easy, vibrant, tasty salad that can be thrown together in less than 20 minutes!
Do you ever look at two foods and automatically assume they’d pair instinctually well together? Kind of like PB&J, but with raw ingredients?
That’s how most of my recipes come to be. I think “Watermelon and Mint – that’s a match made in heaven. Almond Butter with Maple Syrup – total win.” Or, “Apples and Blackberries – how could that not taste good?”
So when it came to thinking up a recipe with ham, I couldn’t help but imagine it cubed and combining perfectly with pineapple and sweet red pepper. And so, this ham pineapple quinoa salad was born.
A pretty great combo don’t ya think? I can’t get over how gorgeous the colors look. Each ingredient almost looks as if it’s popping up out of the bowl, begging to be devoured. And as for that ham, Smithfield Anytime Favorites Hickory Smoked Boneless Ham Steak is beyond flavorful and super convenient for adding to various recipes. I even used it in some egg muffins, coming your way on Thursday.
Smithfield Anytime Favorites Hickory Smoked Boneless Ham Steak is so convenient and versatile. Not only have I used it in this quinoa salad and egg muffins, but I’ve also tossed it in casseroles and sliced it up for sandwiches and wraps.
Great for making recipes effortless and so flavorful, Smithfield Anytime Favorites is available in 20 different cuts –including sliced, diced, cubed, chops and steak –in a variety of flavors. Perfect for a crowd-pleasing, easy meal idea even the kiddos will enjoy!
I know you guys are going to LOVE this salad! It’s:
& Seriously delicious
Try serving it over baby spinach for a little extra nutrition. Another fabulous addition, I found, was adding a few slices of avocado for an awesome creamy texture and good-for-you healthy fats.
If you try this salad, let me know! Leave a comment and tag a picture #kimscravings on Instagram so I can see your version! Happy eating, friends.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1½ - 2 cups cubed Smithfield Anytime Favorites Hickory Smoked Boneless Ham Steak
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper remove seeds
- 1 cup pineapple chunks fresh or canned in 100% pineapple juice and drained (reserve juice for dressing)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions optional for garnish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the quinoa according to package directions to make 3 cups cooked quinoa. 1 cup dry quinoa makes about 3 cups cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare all other ingredients and dressing. To make dressing, add dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake to combine.
- Allow the quinoa to cool completely and add ham, bell pepper and pineapple chunks. Mix together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix. Season with salt as needed. Top with finely chopped green onions, if desired. Store salad in the fridge.
If you’re a fan of quinoa salads, check out some other favorites!
Cucumber Quinoa Salad from Gimme Some Oven
Mediterranean Salad from Foodie Crush
Something to think about….
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield.