Lovely flavored Banana Nut Protein Muffins that will fill you up for hours and give you the energy to start your day right! These healthy muffins pack a major protein punch and they’re loaded with warm flavors of cinnamon, banana and maple syrup.
Bananas are one of my favorite foods to use in baked goods. They’re naturally sweet, so you won’t need to add a huge amount of sugar. They also make these Banana Nut Protein Muffins insanely moist without needing too much butter or oil… the Greek yogurt also helps with this, plus adds protein.
Not only do we get a kick of protein from the Greek yogurt, but I added a scoop of one of my favorite protein powders, Sunwarrior. Feel free to use vanilla or chocolate flavor- I used the Sunwarrior classic chocolate protein for the banana muffins, hence the dark coloring of the muffins.
Sunwarrior Classic Protein is the ultimate raw, plant-based superfood protein designed for fitness and health enthusiasts. It’s the ideal protein for those who want to build muscle, lose fat and increase athletic performance. A few things I especially love about Sunwarrior-
- Sunwarrior Classic Protein is 100% plant-based, alkaline-forming, and provides a complete, balanced array of essential amino acids*
- Sunwarrior Classic Protein is hypoallergenic and suitable for anyone – young or old, male or female – not just vegan or vegetarian lifestyles*
- Sunwarrior Classic Protein is gluten free, non-GMO, and FREE of chemicals, acids and solvents*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- 1½ cups spelt, whole wheat, whole wheat pastry or all-purpose flour (I used spelt flour.)
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 29 grams or 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (yes- I really love cinnamon, if you're not as fond, a teaspoon will do)
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 cups)
- 2 cage-free organic eggs
- ½ cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup brown or coconut sugar (optional, if you like a sweeter muffin)
- ¼ cup of chopped raw pecans or walnuts (optional, for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or fill with muffin liners. In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas (I mashed via my blender) with eggs, yogurt, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and sugar (if using). Stir vigorously for about a one minute, or until the mixture is smooth. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. For best results, spoon flour into cup (rather than scooping with cup) and then level using a butter knife. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add wet ingredients. Gently stir until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tins filling each one completely full and top with chopped nuts. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for about five minutes then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling. Because these muffins are so moist, they have a tendency to stick to muffin liners, use a butter knife around the edges to remove. Enjoy!
I’ve also enjoyed Sunwarrior protein in my post workout smoothies, like this Carrot Apple Protein Smoothie (vegan, gluten-free). The vanilla Warrior Blend Raw Vegan Protein adds the most perfect flavor and is incredibly smooth with no chalky aftertaste.
Warrior Blend fuses and multiplies the power of several rich, raw protein sources into a smooth, great tasting, and revolutionary proprietary formula that is overwhelmingly superior to the individual components alone. This dynamic fusion, along with a cold extraction process, creates a unique, raw, plant-based protein with a complete amino acid profile. Warrior Blend is also easily digestible, and a nutrient-filled superfood; perfect for anyone who wants to amplify their health and fitness levels.
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried Sunwarrior protein powder or any of Sunwarrior’s other products? Tell me your thoughts.
Have you ever done any baking with protein powder? I was so impressed baking with Sunwarrior protein powder. These banana nut protein muffins have a lovely flavor and texture!
Interested in other wonderfully delicious muffin recipes? See below for some of my favorites, on the blog.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Sunwarrior. As always, though, all opinions are my own.