Banana Chocolate Chip Power Cakes
Banana Chocolate Chip Power Cakes- Super moist protein-packed banana muffins with no oil or butter. These muffins will please even the pickiest of eaters!
Happy Friday, friends! Do you like to prep food for the week over the weekend? Do you like to enjoy special breakfasts on Saturdays and Sundays? Me too! These Banana Chocolate Chip Power Cakes are excellent for a grab-n-go pre/post workout snack. They also make for a delicious breakfast. And they’re protein-packed, so they’ll keep you satisfied right up until lunch, especially when paired with yogurt, a smoothie or some eggs.
To give the muffins the extra protein boost, they’re made with Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes mix. Hence, the name “power cakes”. 😉 So, not only can you make over-the-top delicious birthday pancakes with Kodiak Cakes flapjack/waffle mix, but Kodiak Cakes mix also makes some incredible muffins.
Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes is a blend of whole grain wheat flour and oat flour that it is packed with protein (14 grams of protein per 1/2 cup). This mix is quite adaptable… a great choice for waffles, pancakes and muffins (power cakes). If you don’t have Kodiak Cakes mix; all-purpose, spelt flour or whole wheat flour would work too.
- 2 cups Power Cakes mix from Kodiak Cakes alternatively spelt flour, whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour would work
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk any milk will work
- 1 egg lightly beat
- 1/4 cup honey maple syrup or brown sugar will work
- 2 ripe bananas mashed (the riper the banana, the sweeter the muffin)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips optional, but recommended (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line muffin cups with muffin liners and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and blend until smooth.
- Fill muffin cups evenly. They will be close to full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out slightly moist.
Something to think about….
Have you tried Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes mix? It’s definitely a must try and if you win my giveaway, you’ll get your very own box!
Any fun weekend plans? Hope it’s awesome!
My giveaway is going to be ending VERY soon. Be sure to enter!
Do you love muffins as much as I do? Check out some of my favorite muffin recipes on the blog!