Spinach Ham Egg Muffins
Spinach Ham Egg Muffins with lean ham, spinach and bell pepper are so flavorful, uber healthy, gluten free, dairy free and paleo. They’re the perfect on-the-go breakfast and even kid-friendly!
Struggling with breakfast in the morning? Seriously, who wants to spend a lot of time cooking right after you wake up? What I love most about these Spinach Ham Egg Muffins is there’s no need to waste time making breakfast in the morning. You can bake these in advance and you’ll have a protein-rich meal that’s ready when you are. Simply pop them in the microwave and a tasty hot breakfast is ready to go!
Not only are these Spinach Ham Egg Muffins perfect for a quick make-ahead breakfast, but they also make for a great pre or post-workout snack. I even enjoy them for lunch, paired with a salad. Coming home from a tough workout and having a protein-rich breakfast, snack or lunch with little thought, is the best!
Another awesome thing about these Spinach Ham Egg Muffins are that you can easily personalize them to your taste. Make them your own, by using kale instead of spinach… don’t like meat? Leave the meat out! Don’t care for bell pepper? No need to add it! Love onion? Then by all means, add some diced onion! If you’re not eating a dairy free diet, feel free to add about 1/2-1 cup grated cheddar cheese.
They will last up to a week in the fridge. I store mine in a large plastic baggie. Great served with pancakes, toast, a salad and/or fresh fruit- I can’t wait for you guys to give them a try! They’re:
The perfect on-the-go breakfast!
If you cook these up be sure to snap a picture and tag me on twitter or instagram @kimscravings. I would love to see your version! Enjoy, friends!
Spinach Ham Egg Muffins
- 12 medium to large eggs, organic and cage-free, if possible
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper or sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup packed fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced ham*
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with all other ingredients until blended.
- Divide egg mixture among the 12 muffin cups (use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to fill cups almost completely full) and bake until set in center, about 25 minutes.
Love these Spinach Ham Egg Muffins and looking for similar recipes?
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite make-ahead meal?
Have you ever tried making egg muffins? If so, what are your favorite add-ins?