Rise and shine! Delicious, light and airy yogurt pancakes are on the menu! This fluffy pancake recipe is beyond easy, is made with simple ingredients and tastes amazing! Your family will LOVE these homemade yogurt pancakes and will request them often!
Is there anything more beautiful than a giant stack of pancakes fresh off the griddle on a Saturday morning? Add a glass of orange juice, a strong cup of hazelnut coffee, and a healthy amount of maple syrup, and you have the perfect way to start a weekend. Don’t you agree?
This yogurt pancake recipe creates a light, airy batter that makes those tall and fluffy pancakes that are super tender. The ingredients are simple and the star of the show is yogurt! Adding Greek or regular yogurt to pancake batter helps to thicken it up, but still leaves you with the lightest pancake.
These pancakes are absolutely perfect! They’re thick and fluffy with crispy edges. And the flavor – these pancakes are melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
How Do You Make Yogurt Pancakes?
This recipe is simple and can be whipped up in a hurry!
Heat and grease your griddle or a large skillet over medium heat.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs and yogurt.
Add flour mixture into the egg mixture and mix until blended. Let batter rest for about 5 minutes for super fluffy pancakes.
Measure out batter using a 1/4 cup measuring cup for each pancake and cook for about 4-5 mins on each side. They should be golden brown on each side.
Enjoy with toppings of your choice!
This recipe is simple and straight forward, but I do have a few pancake-making tips to give you the most perfect yogurt pancakes.
- Don’t over-mix the batter. You want to gently fold the wet and dry ingredients together until you have a lumpy, just-moist batter. Lumps are good in pancakes, trust me! If you beat the batter until it is perfectly smooth, you’ll have a very dense, flat pancake instead of a light and fluffy one.
- Flip the pancakes when the edges are set and you see little bubbles on the surface of the pancakes.
- Only flip once. Flipping the pancakes back and forth causes them to deflate and become dense, so when it’s time to check if they’re done on bottom, just barely lift them to take a peek.
- Don’t press down on the pancake with the back of your spatula. This will cause the pancake to flatten and it won’t help them cook any faster.
- To keep cooked pancakes warm while you finish cooking the batter, place the cooked pancakes in a 250ºF oven.
Experiment with different yogurt flavors and mix-ins to make this fluffy pancake recipe your own!
- Yogurt: This recipe is great with plain yogurt, but if you really want to kick up the flavor, try different yogurt varieties. We love vanilla, strawberry, and key lime yogurt! Any favorite yogurt works!
- Mix-ins: Feel free to jazz the pancakes up however you like! Throw berries, chocolate chips, sprinkles and/or nuts into the batter!
Another great way to change up your pancakes is with fun and delicious pancake toppings. Find some tasty ideas below!
- Syrups: maple syrup, honey, fruit syrups, chocolate syrup
- Nut Butter: peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower butter, Nutella
- Fresh Fruit: blueberries, apricots, strawberries, raspberries, apples, peaches, pears, banana slices, pom seeds
- Dried Fruit: raisins, cranberries, figs, apricots, goji berries, dates
- Nuts: almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, peanuts, sunflower seeds
- Fun Toppings: cream cheese, jelly, whipped cream, yogurt, sprinkles, shredded coconut, powdered sugar, chocolate chips
Can You Freeze Yogurt Pancakes?
Yogurt pancakes, like most pancakes, make a great candidate for the freezer. Simply place them in a resealable plastic bag in a single layer and freeze until firm. When you’re ready to eat, microwave the pancakes in 30 second increments until they’re warmed through. You can also pop them in a toaster or toaster oven and heat them up that way.
Yogurt pancakes are a family favorite breakfast! They’re so easy, I make them all of the time. And not only are they super tasty, these pancakes are packed with protein (17.8 grams per serving)! I highly recommend making a double batch because they disappear so quickly!
More Pancake Recipes You’ll Enjoy
If you try these easy yogurt pancakes, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves them as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. It’s so fun to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Fluffy Yogurt Pancakes
- 1/2 cup (60g) all purpose or 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup or (5.3 oz.) container nonfat plain (or flavored) Greek yogurt**
- Heat griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray or grease with oil or butter.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs and yogurt.
- Add flour mixture into the egg mixture and whisk until blended. Allow blended batter to rest for about 5 minutes for super fluffy pancakes.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to measure out batter for each pancake (about 50 grams) and cook for about 4-5 mins on each side. They should be golden brown on each side.
- Enjoy with toppings of your choice.
**For dairy-free pancakes, non-dairy yogurt works perfectly.
***For nutritional info, each pancake is measured with 1/4 cup batter and is about 50 grams uncooked.
****Feel free to add 2 teaspoons granulated or coconut sugar to batter for a sweeter pancake. If you add maple syrup as a topping, you should not need additional sugar in the pancake batter. *****These pancakes also work very well made in a waffle machine. Photos by Sasha at Eat Love Eats.