Easiest Pancake Mix Pumpkin Pancakes
Get festive with breakfast- use your favorite pancake mix for the easiest pumpkin pancakes that can be whipped up in a pinch. Absolutely delicious, warmly spiced, perfect texture… good eating on a brisk autumn morning. You’ll never need another pumpkin pancake recipe!
Post was updated on 11/21/18 with new images and clearer recipe instructions.
Ever since the beginning of fall, pumpkin-inspired recipes have been popping up everywhere; including quite a few right here. I know, I know… four pumpkin recipes in one week is borderline pumpkin overload, but it’s Thanksgiving tomorrow and before you know it, pumpkin will be long forgotten and it will be all about gingerbread and peppermint.
ENJOYING ALL THINGS PUMPKIN!
I’m not the only one… pumpkin is all over the internet! Classic dishes are being reinvented with the addition of pumpkin, there’s creamy pumpkin chicken tortilla soup, pumpkin hummus, pumpkin oatmeal muffins, healthier pumpkin spice creamer. And, of course pumpkin dessert! The list just goes on and on! Well, I’m one of those suckers who are drawn to those pumpkin recipes, not only because I absolutely love the pumpkin spice flavor, but also because it gets me in the spirit of the season. These simple pumpkin pancakes are no exception from the list of pumpkin deliciousness, and they’re even more wonderful than the classic stack of hot cakes!
HOW TO MAKE THE EASIEST PUMPKIN PANCAKES:
You’re definitely going to want a box of Kodiak Cakes Pumpkin Flax Flapjack & Waffle Mix. This post is not sponsored, I just really love the stuff! These seriously make the BEST pumpkin pancakes. With these, there’s no mushy sogginess you may find with other pumpkin pancake recipes. And it’s just so darn quick and easy! You can find this mix at most Target stores and even order through Target or order through Amazon. <- affiliate links
Now it’s as simple as combing this delicious mix with water. My husband likes to add in an egg and use almond milk instead of water. He says it gives them a richer flavor. Either way this perfect fall breakfast is delicious and SO easy!
Stir well to combine and you can use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop out the batter and transfer to a heated griddle or large heated skillet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Cook until bubbles form on top of the pancakes and the batter is set, about 3 minutes. Then flip the pancakes and cook on the other side until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Top with butter and maple syrup, if desired!
Easiest Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Pumpkin Flax Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 3/4 to 1 cup water
- Optional: maple syrup and butter for serving
- In a large bowl, stir to combine pancake mix and water.
- Coat griddle or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set it over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add oil or cooking spray and spoon batter onto the griddle or pan, using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on top of the pancakes and the batter is set, 2 to 3 minutes. Then use a spatula to flip the pancakes and cook them until golden brown on the other side, about 2 minutes. Continue with all of the batter. Top with butter and maple syrup if desired and enjoy!