Healthier Pumpkin Spice Creamer
Before you drop a bunch of dough on the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbies, give this healthier pumpkin spice creamer a try! The better-for-you, dairy-free, paleo, gluten-free, vegan creamer is full of lovely Fall flavors, without all of the added junk.
This healthier pumpkin spice creamer is a simple blend of dates, nondairy milk, real pumpkin and spices. Whip it up in about 5 minutes and it will last the whole week. Another plus- it’s actually made with “real” food ingredients, so no need to feel guilty about indulging in this special seasonal treat!
Did you realize even the smallest size Pumpkin Spice Latte, at our favorite coffee chain, has 200 calories and 37 grams of sugar? Yikes! The sugar syrup contains sugar, condensed nonfat milk, sweet condensed nonfat milk, coloring and artificial flavors. If you’re vegan, you should know even if you order a soy latte without the whipped cream, it’s not vegan because the syrup contains dairy.
If you want to enjoy this creamer in your coffee every single day, this Fall… you go right ahead!! No worry about pesky ingredients that aren’t so good for you. And it’s super cheap- you won’t be dropping 4 to 5 bucks per coffee.
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted*
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1.5 cups nondairy milk of choice**
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice or cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add dates and hot water into the pitcher of a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until dates are a smooth paste.
- Add nondairy milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and vanilla extract; continue blending until all ingredients are well combined and mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge. Shake creamer before each use.
- Creamer will last 1 to 2 weeks and will thicken over time.
*I use large medjool dates, found in the produce section of your grocery store or in bulk bins. If dates are dry, soak for about 30 mins before blending to soften them.
**I like to use a combination of full fat coconut milk and unsweetened almond or cashew milk. Using the full fat coconut milk will make your creamer thicker and more creamy.
Ready for pumpkin everything? Satisfy your pumpkin spice cravings with some of my faves!
Something to think about…
Are you a fan of the Pumpkin Spice Latte? Have you ever tried a healthier version?
If you’re a creamer fan, what’s your favorite flavor? I love the peppermint mocha flavor.
Of possible interest- Head over to my post from yesterday to learn about the GlobeIn subscription boxes and enter to win a free 3-month subscription to the artisan box service. They are truly a wonderful thing- great products for you and a beneficial cause for those less fortunate.