Pumpkin Pie Cookie Dough Dip
Pumpkin Pie in the form of chocolate chip cookie dough dip- what could be better? This sweet hummus-like dip takes less than 5 minutes to throw together and it’s actually healthy. In fact, I think it would be completely acceptable to eat the whole bowl for breakfast!
This Pumpkin Pie Cookie Dough Dip is everything you love about pumpkin made into a healthy dip. It is so delicious- it makes me wonder why we don’t eat pumpkin all year round!
This simple 5 minute cookie dough dip has just the right amount of sweet and spice and it tastes so similar to “real” pumpkin cookie dough, you might find yourself a bit addicted to the deliciousness. This would be the most perfect recipe for Fall get-togethers. We always have hors d’oeuvres before our Thanksgiving feast and I can’t think of anything more wonderful to serve before the big feast or possibly along-side the feast!
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup honey would work too
- 2-3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar coconut sugar or additional maple syrup will work
- 2-3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips optional
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if desired.
- Serve room temperature or chilled with fruit, crackers or homemade cinnamon sugar pita chips.
Something to think about….
Have you ever made anything sweet with chickpeas? They’re pretty amazing little beans, taking the flavor of whatever you grind them with. Check out this original cookie dough dip!
Does your family typically serve hors d’oeuvres on Thanksgiving?