Super Simple Puff Pastry Apple Tart
This Super Simple Puff Pastry Apple Tart could not be easier and bakes up so pretty, not even to mention how wonderfully delicious it tastes… it’s honestly the perfect addition to your holiday dessert line-up!
When I say easy, I’m talking REALLY easy. It’s probably my very favorite treat to make when I’m hosting family or friends for any kind of gathering or holiday celebration. Thanks to Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry this easy apple dessert comes together quickly. The very simple homemade apple filling combined with the flaky pastry makes this one fantastic easy dessert.
It’s one of those recipes that can be an afterthought. You know those times. “Yikes my friends will be here in 15 minutes, oh yeah, I can just throw this apple tart in the oven.” My favorite kind of recipes!
5 minutes of hands on time, then about 20 minutes of cooking time and only one bowl is dirty.
And ready for the hardest part of this recipe? Cut your Puff Pastry Sheets in half, slice a few apples and stir them around in a little brown sugar and maple syrup. Pretty tough, huh?
Next, layer that sweet apple atop the Puff Pastry Sheets. Sprinkle with just a touch more brown sugar and wincy bit of cinnamon. A quick trip in the oven and the pastry rises into dozens of flaky layers around the golden, caramelized apple slices. It’s sweet, decadent and almost too easy.
All cooked and looking so puffy and fine!
Now, for the finishing touch. Don’t forget to dust that baby with a little or a lot of powdered sugar. So fancy!
Yes, this recipe is super simple, but the best thing about serving it to a crowd is that everyone absolutely loves it. I promise – serve this for your holiday festivities and your family will not be able to get enough. In fact, I would suggest buying a few packages of Puff Pastry Sheets and storing them in your fridge. You’ll be ready at a moment’s notice, when your in-laws decide to stop in without calling first. EEEK!
You guys are going to adore this apple tart and it definitely needs to make an appearance on your Thanksgiving dessert spread! It’s:
Prime for entertaining
And simply gorgeous, my dawling!
This recipe is foolproof. So perfect for parties and such, but also heavenly warm from the oven with a spoonful of vanilla ice cream or whipped topping – any time of day! I can’t wait to see your version! Be sure to snap a picture when you make this apple tart for your friends and family and tag #kimscravings on Instagram. Enjoy, friends!
- 1 package 2 sheets Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry Sheets
- 4 apples cored, halved and sliced very thin
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar or about 3 tablespoons regular brown sugar + extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon for sprinkling
- Optional for serving: powdered sugar fresh fruit, ice cream, whipped topping and/or caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F. and spray large baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Cut puff pastry sheets into halves (vertically) and place onto baking pan.
- Stir apple slices with maple syrup and brown sugar. Allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Arrange apple slices on the pastry sheets, overlapping as you go. Sprinkle with a couple teaspoons brown sugar and about 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (I didn't measure this). Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, and until pastry puffs up and is golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan and place on a serving platter. Serve plain, with a dusting of powdered sugar, a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream, a drizzle of caramel topping and/or fresh fruit.
See tips and tricks for working with Puff Pastry Sheets, here!