Vegan Pizza Poppers
It’s still pushing 100 degrees in Texas, but I think that’s Fall I smell in the air. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are up for grabs and this past weekend I even did some pumpkin recipe creation! If pumpkin everything doesn’t put you in the Fall spirit, maybe Monday night football will. 🙂 This coming Monday will be the first Monday night football game of the season and these Vegan Pizza Poppers should definitely be on your gameday menu!
When I started off to create these little gems of deliciousness I no idea that they would turn out so incredibly tasty. I basically just mixed a few pizza flavored ingredients with one of my favorite dough recipes. I used a flax egg and Silk Almondmilk to keep them vegan. Easy peasy… 20 minutes later you have yourself the perfect snack or serve them with a salad for Meatless Monday. The ingredients are up to you, mix and match add-ins based on your preference, just keep it at about 1 to 1.5 cups of extras.
If you’re craving the wonderful savory flavor of pizza wrapped up in a healthier whole wheat vegan crust, these are sure to become a favorite! Serve them with pizza sauce or marinara- your friends will never guess they’re vegan and whipped up using whole wheat pastry flour. These pizza poppers prove that you can totally stick to Meatless Monday while enjoying fun gameday eats!
Plant-based diets can be good for you, better for the planet and they’re pretty tasty too! Try taking the #MeatlessMondayNight challenge and spark real change. Adopting a more plant-based diet can start with making a change one day a week – so why not start by sidelining meat during Monday night football games this season?
I’m not vegan and enjoy my meat as much as the next carnivore, but participating in the #MeatlessMondayNight challenge is a great way to add more veggie goodness into my family’s meals.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Silk Almondmilk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed + 3 tbsp water stirred together and set aside for 10 mins.
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes packed in olive oil chopped**
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives drained and chopped
- 2 small shallots minced
- Pizza sauce or marinara for dipping
- Heat oven to 400º F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet, or line one with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, oregano and garlic powder. Add milk and flax seed; stir to combine. Do NOT overstir. Add all remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter per popper and drop onto the prepared cookie sheet. Space each drop of batter about 1½ to 2 inches apart. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and baked through. Serve with pizza sauce or marinara. Enjoy!
*Whole wheat or spelt flour works too. Spoon flour in measuring cup and level off with knife for most accurate measurement.
**I used Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Julienne Cut tomatoes with Italian Herbs packed in extra virgin olive oil. You will want some of the olive oil to be measured out with the tomatoes.
A few other vegan appetizers that are also great choices for gameday snackin’!
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.