Easy Tahini-Free Hummus
It’s safe to say hummus is one of my favorite foods to create… and eat! If you don’t believe me just take a look at all of this hummus deliciousness on the blog. However, I do realize some of you may be a little stumped by the use of tahini- other than being used in most hummus recipes, it’s not a very common ingredient and it can be pretty pricey. Guess what? With this easy tahini-free hummus recipe, you don’t need tahini to whip up a super flavorful hummus dip!!!
Only 8 ingredients, 5 minutes and a food processor or blender– that’s all you need, folks, to make some of the best hummus ever. If you’re still buying hummus at the store, you’ve got to stop. That’s an order! Homemade hummus is so easy and so much tastier than store-bought, plus you’re in control of the ingredients.
My tahini-free hummus contains one of my very favorite ingredients- avocado! And it makes for a hummus that is:
and incredibly yummy!
To really take the deliciousness of your tahini-free hummus over the top, you’ll want something slightly salty, delightfully crunchy, nutty and irresistibly yummy for dipping. I have just the thing you’re craving- Blue Diamond Artisan Nut Thins!
Artisan Nut Thins make the perfect canvas for all of your dip creations and I really love the added benefits from the seeds and other nutritious ingredients. They’re gluten and wheat free and made from brown rice, seeds and almonds. Yes, these tasty crackers are fabulous with your favorite toppers and spreads, but they’re even great eaten straight out of the box!
- 1 can chickpeas garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup lemon juice 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + more for serving
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika + more for serving
- Flax Seed Artisan Nut Thins and/or Multi-Seed Artisan Nut Thins for serving
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and blend or puree until very smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy with Blue Diamond Flax Seed Artisan Nut Thins and/or Multi-Seed Artisan Nut Thins, pita chips, raw veggies and/or use the hummus as a sandwich/wrap spread and add a little water to use as a salad dressing.
Take a look at my top 3 favorite hummus recipes, you’re going to love them too!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite hummus flavor?
Have you tried Blue Diamond Flax Seed Artisan Nut Thins and/or Multi-Seed Artisan Nut Thins? Seriously, MUST try!
Some links in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. Purchasing through affiliate links is an easy, painless way to help out your favorite bloggers… and help me pay my grocery bill! ???? Thank you so much for your support!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Nut Thins.