Flourless Pumpkin Pancakes
These Flourless Pumpkin Pancakes are paleo, gluten-free and packed with big pumpkin flavor. The essence of cozy, cool Autumn mornings. Fall just got better!!!
I’ve had a slight obsession with my two ingredient banana pancakes, lately. In fact, I had them for breakfast everyday last week. They’re just so darn easy… and really tasty, too! As I see more pumpkin recipes popping up and the weather has finally turned cool, this weekend, I decided to adapt my flourless banana pancakes into flourless pumpkin pancakes. Very good decision!
FLOURLESS PUMPKIN PANCAKES ARE SOOOO EASY!
You could totally make these flourless pumpkin pancakes with just the two ingredients; pumpkin and eggs, but adding a few additional simple ingredients really takes these pancakes to the next level. I’ve made them with just the eggs and pumpkin and they’re a little flatter, have a little less flavor and are more difficult to flip. So… I added a tablespoon of almond flour (I’ve tried ground flax too!) to give them a little more structure and make them easier to flip. And then I added baking soda, to give them a little fluff. And, of course, to have scrumptious pumpkin pancakes that taste like fall; spices are necessary.
Like my two ingredient banana pancakes, these cook up best on medium heat. Also, give them a little longer to cook than a typical pancake. I used my Cuisinart Griddler and set the temp at about 300ºF. Once I saw the little air bubbles on the tops of the pancakes pop, I used two flippers (one on each side) to flip my pancakes. These aren’t super fragile, but I wanted to keep them pretty for the pictures! Keep them small for easy flipping – 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake.
These Flourless Pumpkin Pancakes are very easily adaptable, feel free to substitute the almond flour with ground flax, coconut flour or other preferred flour. You can also add in your favorite spices. I used pumpkin pie spice and allspice, but cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and/or ginger would also be tasty. With the spices that I used the pumpkin flavor is very prominent; which I love. Get creative with toppings- the banana slices, pecan halves and maple syrup hit the spot. I also added a little drizzle of almond butter after taking the photos and it was amazing! Honey, butter, coconut butter, fruit spreads and fresh fruit are other fab choices.
Flourless Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond flour or ground flax seed or other flour of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, optional but gives pancakes more fluff
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice, optional
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 packet stevia, optional for sweetness (If adding honey or syrup as a topping, this really isn't needed)
- Heat greased skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake and drop onto skillet, using your spoon to thin out batter and shape into a circle.
- When pancake is cooked along sides and bottom and air bubbles on top have popped (about 5-8 mins; gently flip pancakes and continue to cook for another 2-3 mins. It may be helpful to use two flippers. Because these pancakes have very little flour, they are very soft until fully cooked.
Like what you see? Try the original… The Best Ever Two Ingredient Pancake!
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried making the two-ingredient pancake?