Chilled Black Bean Couscous Salad
I love a good salad that you can pair with pretty much anything! This Chilled Black Bean Couscous Salad is so easy to throw together and it compliments pretty much any meal from tacos to grilled chicken or fish. I also like serving leftovers over mixed greens for a light lunch.
I threw this salad together in about 10 to 15 minutes while Brad grilled up the chicken. I know with the coming of Fall, grilling season is on its way out, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a yummy salad. This salad makes a lot, so with just Brad and I eating it, we had leftovers to eat throughout the week. I’m all about having leftovers to take to work for lunch!
- 2 cups couscous cooked according to package instructions and cooled
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can whole kernel corn (or about 1 1/2 cups fresh corn)
- 1 small zucchini finely diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1/2 cup green onions diced (about 2)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado diced
- 2-3 limes juiced
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt pepper and cumin to taste
- Combine couscous, black beans, corn, zucchini, celery, green onion, cilantro and feta in a large bowl and toss until evenly mixed.
- Add lime juice, vinegar, and seasonings; stir and taste. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Chill for about an hour before serving.
*If you prefer a different bean, try cannellini beans or chickpeas.
*You can use any similar grain in place of the couscous. Try quinoa, barley or brown rice.
adapted from the kitchn
If you like healthy throw-together salad recipes, you may be interested in some of the other salads on the blog….
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried a couscous salad? I love couscous- even a little more than quinoa. 😉
I will never forget 9/11, 13 years ago, today. Thinking about and sending love to all of those that had a connection with the horrible attacks on America, September 11, 2001.