Summer Greek Salad
An easy fresh summer salad, that’s perfect for bringing to your next BBQ or pool party!
Hello, Lovelies and happy weekend to ya! I wanted to pop in, today, to give you the perfect salad to bring to your summer get-together this weekend. This Summer Greek Salad is really easy to make and basically consists of just chopping up some ingredients and throwing them all together. It’s also really light and fresh, so it’s perfect for enjoying pool side. I hate eating heavy foods when I’m trying to rock a bikini. Haha! But really, you know what I mean, right? I enjoyed leftovers served over massaged kale for lunch and it also makes for a yummy tortilla chip topper. What are you waiting for? Get yourself in the kitchen and whip this up!!
Summer Greek Salad
For the salad:
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed, 15 oz
For the Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate vinegar, I get this from Trader Joe's. Red wine vinegar will work.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a medium serving bowl.
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour vinaigrette over vegetable/bean mixture and toss to combine. Enjoy at room temperature or chilled. Store, covered, in the fridge for several days. Also, great served with chips or crackers or as a salad topper.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
Something to think about….
Have you made a delicious summer salad, yet, this season? Tell me about it.
What’s your favorite food to bring to a BBQ?
Any fun plans this weekend? What are your workout plans?
I just wanted to let you know that I saved this post a awhile ago and finally tried it this past weekend! Talk about such a yummy meal! Thank you for sharing 🙂
I love fresh salads for the summer! Yum!
Kim this looks delicious! I’m adding it to my menu for the week 🙂 I almost always take a salad of some sort to a cookout.