Healthy Greek Chickpea Salad
This Healthy Greek Chickpea Salad is the perfect lunch, side dish, or even snack! It’s fresh, crisp, and has a great balance of healthy fats, carbs and protein!
Seriously, guys, this is one of the BEST Greek salads I’ve ever had. I am near obsessed with this salad. I make it a LOT because I find it’s truly one of those salads that everyone enjoys. If there are any ingredients you’re not fond of, simply leave them out. And if you’d like, add some chopped grilled chicken to make this salad even more hearty. Or keep it vegetarian and add quinoa or bowtie pasta.
And!! The best part is that it takes minutes to throw together and LASTS. I like it best once it’s sat in the fridge for a bit so all the flavors can marry (I hate that expression) but it’s not anything close to terrible if you want to eat it right away.
I especially love bringing this along to serve at gatherings, like summer barbecues or pool parties. When there’s lots of yummy desserts and other heavy dishes to chow down on, it’s nice to have a healthier alternative too.
I’m always down for a fresh side to balance everything out, and this Healthy Greek Chickpea Salad definitely fits the bill!
I hope y’all LOVE this salad as much as my family does! It’s:
Quick + Easy
& Super delicious
It makes for a tasty lunch to pack along for work or enjoy for dinner when you’re craving something fresh yet satisfying. It’s wonderful on its own, but it also pairs well with a variety of entrees. Like pizza!
I’m such a pizza fanatic and, recently, I’ve been loving Caulipower’s new all natural uncured pepperoni pizza. This isn’t a sponsored post, I just love sharing my favorite products with you guys and this is a good one. Caulipower’s cauliflower crust pizzas are the best cauliflower crust pizzas I’ve tried. I found mine at Kroger.
The perfect lunch, side dish, or even snack! It is fresh, crisp, and has the perfect balance of healthy fats, carbohydrates, and protein!
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (about 10 ounces)
- 1 4 oz can sliced black olives
- 1 English cucumber, cut into quarters and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil**
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper + more to taste
- To make the salad, place all of the ingredients for the salad into a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, place all of the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl, (or jar w/ lid) and whisk/shake to combine. Pour dressing over salad, and toss salad in dressing until salad is evenly coated in dressing. Enjoy, or chill salad (covered) in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
**avocado oil works great too ***This salad would also be wonderful with chopped grilled chicken added to it for an extra protein punch!
SERVING HEALTHY GREEK CHICKPEA SALAD
I usually serve this Greek salad as a side dish to pizza or some type of meat, like grilled chicken or seared salmon. It would also be fabulous on its own as a meal with a dollop of yogurt and pita bread.
It’s the perfect side to bring to a barbecue or potluck. Believe me your friends will thank you for this one. It also works well for meal prepping because it tastes even more flavorful after sitting for some time.
Something to think about….
Have you tried a Greek-inspired salad? What’s your favorite dish to bring to a potluck or barbecue?