Reduced Guilt Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip
One of Trader Joe’s most popular items is the Reduced Guilt Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip and if you’ve ever tasted it, you know why it’s so loved. Made up of mostly Greek yogurt and veggies, there’s no need to feel guilty about polishing off an entire bowl of this dip!
By taking a gander at the ingredient list on the back of the Trader Joe’s Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip container, I compiled all of the necessary components of the dip. I couldn’t find any water chestnuts and I’m really not a fan, so I left those out. The Trader Joe’s version does include mayo and I added a wee bit for extra creaminess. I know many of you aren’t going to want the mayo added and it will come out equally fantastic to just swap it out with additional Greek yogurt. No biggie.
Does the added kale have you a little skeptical of just how delicious this dip could be? Step outside your comfort zone and give it a try… I promise, you won’t be disappointed! It is important to be sure your veggies are finely chopped and be sure to let the dip set in the fridge for a few hours to give the flavors a chance to really meld together and get extra yummilicious.
I’m always down with any sneaky way to get in an extra serving of green goodness. And when my kiddos will actually get some veggies into their picky little bodies, well, that’s a win-win. They devoured this dip, even with the little green flecks!
This creamy Greek yogurt veggie dip is fabulous with raw carrots, celery, broccoli, cucumber slices and many other raw veggies. But I especially loved dipping Simply7 Sea Salt Quinoa Chips! Also, think outside the box and try using it as a spread for sandwiches, toast or wraps or as a salad dressing.
Simply7 has a huge variety of healthier snacks; including quinoa chips, lentil chips and hummus chips. Some available chip options are vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO and high protein just to name a few. You can view all of the Simply7 products here. The Simply7 company was started, to provide consumers with snacks that are natural, simple and delicious. The 7 core standards that Simply7 stands behind are:
- 0 grams trans fat and no cholesterol
- No artificial colors or flavors
- No preservatives
- Gluten-free ingredients
- All natural recipes
- Simple ingredients
- Simply delicious
Read more about Simply7—> here!
Copycat Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip
- 2 cups or 17 ounce container plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayo, I used the organic mayo from Trader Joe's
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- 4 green onions, green part only, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, finely minced
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely minced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt + more to taste, as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving to allow flavors to meld. Serve with raw veggies, crackers or chips. Dip pairs especially well with Simply7Snacks Sea Salt Quinoa Chips.
I’ve been on a dip recipe roll here lately- check out some of my other favorites!
Have you tried Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Kale & Spinach Greek Yogurt Dip? Pretty delicious, huh?
Have you tried any of Simply7Snacks products? There are so many choices and I’m lovin’ all of them!
This post is sponsored by Simply7Snacks, but as always all opinions are my own.