Fresh Herb Cream Cheese Dip
This fresh herb Cream Cheese Dip is loaded with flavor and will quickly become your new go-to snack! Not only is it delicious, but it’s super quick and easy to whip up! Made with a blend of cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and fresh herbs; it’s the perfect companion for fresh-cut veggies, crackers or chips. This simple appetizer recipe takes just minutes to make and is great for parties and potlucks!
This was one of the best dips I have ever had it is so good and so creamy I added some dill and pepper and it was amazing!— Kayla
Colorful and crunchy vegetable platters make such great appetizers. And as far as I’m concerned, homemade cream cheese dip recipes paired with fresh-cut veggies are WAY better than what you’d purchase in your local grocery store.
I think everyone can benefit from having a go-to veggie dip that can be mixed up quickly and easily! This one is perfect for parties, BBQ’s, family get together’s during the holidays, or everyday snacking at home. This is the one that I always make for get togethers and it is ALWAYS gone by the end of the event. It’s just that good!
Why you should make this recipe
- So simple. This recipe is just a matter of mixing ingredients in a food processor. As an added plus, it’s ready in just about 10 minutes, including prep time.
- Make ahead. Cream cheese dip tastes even better after the flavors have a chance to intensify in the fridge, making this a great appetizer to prepare in advance of a party or get together.
- Creamy and delicious. The creaminess and texture of this will blow you away. It’s also super tasty, you will keep wanting more.
- Family-friendly. Everyone loves this! It is sure to be a crowd favorite!
This herby dip has so much flavor, yet it’s made with basic ingredients that are easy to find. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cream cheese. Soften to room temperature because you want it to easily blend with the other ingredients. You can always throw it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, if you forget. Just be sure to remove the packaging first.
- Sour cream. Adds an amazing creaminess and nice tang. You can sub some or all of the sour cream with Greek yogurt, however the dip will take on a tangier flavor.
- Mayonnaise. Mayo balances out the tang of the sour cream and adds even more creaminess.
- Green onions & herbs. We’re using fresh green onions, parsley and dill. They add delicious freshness to every bite!
- Salt & pepper. To taste!
How to make this recipe
You’re going to love how easy this cream cheese dip is to whip up! Follow these simple steps:
Printable recipe card below.
- Process ingredients in a food processor. Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and blend.
- Chill. Place in the fridge and chill at least 30 minutes until you’re ready to enjoy it.
- Enjoy. Serve your dip with an assortment of fresh-cut veggies such as carrots, celery, tomatoes, broccoli, radishes, cucumber, cauliflower and sliced bell peppers. I also like to have crackers and chips available for dipping too.
A few tips and tricks to make this creamy veggie dip your own!
- Make it low calorie. For a lower calorie dip, you can use low fat cream cheese, sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and mayonnaise instead of the full fat varieties.
- Want to use dried herbs? I use fresh herbs in my dip, but you can use dried, if you prefer. If using dried herbs, use 2 teaspoon dried dill and 4 teaspoons dried parsley.
- Make more. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled, if you’re looking to serve a larger crowd.
- Turn it into a dressing. To make this dip a dressing, simply whisk in milk or buttermilk to reach desired consistency.
- Garnish. I like to top this dip with fresh dill and chives for garnish, but that’s completely optional. You could even add a little crumbled bacon.
Frequently asked questions
Leave cream cheese out at room temperature for a couple of hours or place a block of completely unwrapped cream cheese on a microwave-safe plate and microwave it on high for 15 seconds.
Dips shouldn’t be left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature. Because this dip contains dairy, you’ll want to serve it straight out of the fridge. If you go over the 2 hour mark, you can always cover it and put it back in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before letting people eat it again.
I always serve this dip alongside a medley of fresh vegetables. My personal favorites are baby carrots, grape tomatoes, fresh broccoli, fresh cauliflower, fresh snap peas and sliced bell pepper. Since this cream cheese dip is full flavor, it’s also amazing as a dip for crackers and chips. We love using Ritz crackers, multigrain crackers, pretzels and Kettle chips or Ruffles. You could even scoop some onto a wrap or sandwich! YUM.
- Leftovers. This will stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 4 days, but I promise it won’t last that long. Give it a good stir when you’re ready to serve.
- Freezing. Freezing this recipe is not recommended as the cream cheese in the dip will change texture.
This savory cream cheese dip is one of my favorite things to pull out when I’m hosting! It’s super tasty and it balances out all the desserts and cheesy appetizers. You might just find everyone hanging out at the vegetable tray enjoying this creamy deliciousness!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. It’s so fun to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Cream Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2-3 green onions, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- Raw veggies, potato chips and/or crackers for serving
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Cover and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Serve cold with your choice of raw veggies, potato chips and/or crackers.