Skinny Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
This Skinny Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip is so creamy, cheesy, and delicious; you’ll never believe it’s lightened up!
Since I am such a hardcore football fan – no wait, let me try that again. Since I am such a hardcore football fan in terms of game day food and the big game is only days away, I figured sharing my all-time most favorite appetizer with you was in order.
I’ve always been a dip girl – absolutely obsessed, I tell ya! Give me a box of WHEAT THINS and any creamy, flavorful dip and I’ll be good to go. When I do my weekly Kroger haul, you better believe WHEAT THINS are on my grocery list. Not only do WHEAT THINS pair perfectly with my Skinny Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip, but they’re also so tasty on their own straight out of the box.
I’ve been a fan for as long as I can remember. Even as a little girl, WHEAT THINS were always my cracker of choice. My youngest daughter takes after me in terms of her taste for food. She’s a snacker just like her momma and when she finds WHEAT THINS in her lunchbox, she’s all smiles.
Perfect for game day or any day. Having company, watching the big game, hosting a dinner party? This is your new go-to recipe. It’s filling and scoop-able and delicious piping hot or room temperature – the perfect kind of dip for grazing over the course of an event.
HOW TO MAKE SKINNY SLOW COOKER SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP:
This recipe is seriously the easiest! Just throw everything into the slow cooker, stir everything together and 2 hours later (or 3-4 hours, if you want to cook this on “low”) you’ve got yourself a delicious dip.
LET’S TALK SLOW COOKERS (OR AS WE SAY IN TEXAS – “CROCKPOTS”):
I have the Crock-Pot 6 Quart Cook and Carry Slow Cooker and love it. This is the #1 best selling slow cooker on Amazon and it has a 4.3-star rating from 1,800 reviews. At the time this post went live it was also on sale. Win-win!
That’s all I’m going to say regarding slow cookers. I just really want you to enjoy this and other recipes made in a slow cooker – ANY slow cooker. So if you don’t have a slow cooker already or if yours is falling apart (for example, recently I went over to my best friend’s house and watched her pry the lid of the very hot slow cooker off with five million hot pads because the handles on the lid were broken – NONE OF THAT NOW), then please, by all means, find a way to get a functioning slow cooker in your kitchen ASAP.
Also just a thought: slow cookers make great gifts! Although maybe pause first – there’s that one rule about not buying appliances as gifts, right? So maybe if you’re not sure if it’s offensive, just hold off. But if you’ve never really understood those rules anyway (like, why? I don’t get it, says the food blogger who LOVES appliances), and/or if it’s your sister or your cousin or ME and you know she’s been dying for a new slow cooker, then totally cool for you to bring the slow cooker joy to your people.
Tis the season for slow cooking!
You guys are definitely going to LOVE this dip! It’s:
This dip will seriously please any crowd. It can be made ahead of time and warmed up in the microwave to save time. Or just keep it in the slow cooker on the warm setting. It’s seriously so irresistibly delicious!
Looking for other tasty dips? Try my other favorites!
If you give this recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram! I’d love to see your version. Bonus points if it’s a selfie of a giant bite entering your face. 😊 Enjoy, friends!
Watch the video, below, to see just how simple this dip is to throw together!
Skinny Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1 cup diced)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) bag or 9 ounce box chopped frozen spinach (thawed and water squeezed out)*
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) pkg Greek yogurt light cream cheese, softened (or 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
- WHEAT THINS for serving
- Sauté onion and garlic in small pan (you can add to crockpot without cooking, but it will taste better to precook)
- Place sautéed onion and garlic in slow cooker along with artichoke hearts, spinach, almond milk, feta, parmesan, and pepper. Stir to combine. Top with cream cheese. Cover and cook on high heat for 2 hours or on low heat for 3-4 hours.
- Uncover and stir until everything is well combined. Keep on warm setting until you are ready to serve. (Note: if you are re-heating the dip you may need to add milk 1-2 tbs if dried out) Enjoy with WHEAT THINS.