Smoked Salmon Dip
Smoked Salmon Dip is an easy recipe that will be the hit of your holiday party! This creamy, flavorful smoked salmon dip is made with cream cheese, sour cream, fresh smoked salmon and fresh dill. It can be whipped up in minutes, makes any occasion feel extra special, and tastes SO good with Ritz crackers!
This post is sponsored by Ritz Crackers. All opinions are my own.
When you are in need of a quick appetizer this holiday season, look no further than this tasty salmon dip recipe. It’s one of my go-to recipes when I’m hosting friends or family, especially during the holiday season. This dip can be ready in about 5 minutes and looks (and tastes) so impressive. You just simply can’t find store-bought smoked salmon dip that is this delicious! It has that classic smokey flavor balanced out by the slight tang of the cream cheese and freshness of lemon and dill. Yep, your party just got way better!
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I absolutely LOVE smoked salmon. I enjoy it, paired with a salad, almost everyday for lunch. It’s also so delicious with a little cream cheese on a bagel for breakfast. But my absolute favorite way to enjoy smoked salmon is in dip form! It’s sure to be the hit of the party and everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
How To Make Smoked Salmon Dip:
There are quite a few smoked salmon dip recipes floating around the internet and they are all very similar. You may find some of the recipes instruct you to blend the salmon in a food processor while others have you stir chopped salmon into a cream cheese mixture. I personally like this dip served smooth and extra creamy. This is the recipe that my mom has been making for years and I think it was inspired by a recipe that she found in a newspaper clipping. It’s really very similar to Ina Garten’s recipe, but calls for more salmon and doesn’t use lemon juice like hers does.
To make this dip, add cream cheese, sour cream, fresh dill, lemon zest and smoked salmon to a food processor or blender. Blend all of the ingredients until your dip is super creamy. If you would rather a chunky dip with larger pieces of salmon throughout, you can stir all of the ingredients together and then fold in chopped salmon.
What To Serve With This Dip:
Serve it with Ritz crackers! Ritz crackers scream holiday snacking! Everyone in my family is absolutely obsessed, so I always pick up the family size at Walmart. I highly recommend the family size because it will be very disappointing if you run out of everyone’s favorite cracker. Not only do Ritz crackers pair perfectly with this smoked salmon dip recipe, but they work with most any dip you happen to be serving.
Right now get Ritz Family Size and large snack crackers for 2.98!
Tips For Making the BEST Smoked Salmon Dip:
- I highly suggest using fresh dill for this recipe. It really adds fabulous flavor and complements the salmon perfectly. Dried dill will not have the same fresh flavor that really makes this dip special.
- Using a high-quality smoked salmon will make this dip super tasty and is definitely recommended. Using a low-quality salmon is not a good idea and will not have that smoky flavor you’re craving.
- The horseradish is optional. Only add it in, if you want to give your salmon dip a little kick.
- For a lighter dip, substitute the cream cheese for light cream cheese and the sour cream for light sour cream or even Greek yogurt.
- Try different flavored smoked salmon varieties to change things up. I’ve used lemon pepper and it is so good!
Save a small amount of this dip to spread onto a bagel for a mouth-watering breakfast! Your welcome!
Other Dip Recipes To Try:
I’d love to know if you make this (or any) recipe! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Smoked Salmon Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon horseradish,, drained (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper,, plus more to taste if needed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill,, plus more for garnish
- 6 ounces smoked salmon
- Ritz Crackers for serving
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Start with a small amount of salt. Smoked salmon is salty and Ritz crackers have a level of saltiness too. You can always add more after tasting and before serving.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape the sides and then blend some more.
- Once all ingredients are completely combined, taste and adjust seasonings, as needed. If you add anything, simply blend for a bit to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Transfer the dip into a serving bowl, garnish with lemon slices and more dill, if desired. This dip is good served at room temperature or chilled. And don't forget the Ritz crackers!
- Dip can be made in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours before serving.
2. Dip will keep well for several days, although I doubt you'll have any leftover.