Are you sitting down?…. because I’m sharing the best damn salsa ever, with you today! If you’re a salsa person and I know you are, you have got to give this delicious homemade salsa a try. The bright, fresh dip is absolutely irresistible- loaded with delicious, vibrant flavor and it comes together in less than 5 minutes.
This recipe is really Brad’s and I actually posted it a couple of years ago, but we’ve updated the recipe slightly and, of course, the photos too. Garden tomatoes are the star of the show in this salsa, but if you’re not lucky enough to have a garden full of tomatoes, I suggest buying your tomatoes from a Farmer’s Market. You’ll be surprised what a difference in flavor it makes.
The measurements are just a guide- add more or less of the specific ingredients as you prefer. So easy too- just throw everything into a food processor and let it do its thing. I’ve had this Cuisinart food processor (<–affiliate link) for years and even after many batches of nut butter grinding, it’s still going strong. This recipe makes a huge batch- plenty to fill tacos, top omelets, mix into salads and for chip dipping.
- 6 tomatoes of varying sizes, chopped
- 4 small jalapeno peppers* (leave the seeds in for an extra kick)
- ½ onion
- ¼-1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1½ to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about ½ lemon, juiced)
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse about 10 or so times and until all ingredients are combined and diced, but be sure to stop before the salsa becomes too soupy.
- Taste the salsa and add more ingredients as desired. I would advise stirring in the extra ingredients, not pulsing in the food processor. The salsa will become too soupy quickly.
- Transfer to a bowl and enjoy!
- I prefer to refrigerate salsa for 1 day prior to serving to allow the flavors to marry and meld. Salsa will keep for about 1 week in an airtight container or jar in the fridge; however, it's never lasted that long in this household.
I STRONGLY suggest garden tomatoes or tomatoes from the farmer's market to really make this salsa the BEST!
Have you ever eaten a garden tomato? There’s nothing quite like them!
Have you ever made your own homemade salsa? I love making fruity salsa, but this salsa recipe really cannot be beat!
Be sure to check out my newest Best Damn Salsa recipe… Best Damn Roasted Salsa!
Feel the need to do a little more dippin’? You’ll love these other dips!
Copycat Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip- Made up of mostly Greek yogurt and veggies, there’s no need to feel guilty about polishing off an entire bowl of this dip!
Creamy Avocado Ranch Dip- The flavor of this cool creamy avocado ranch dip is truly off the charts. It’s definitely my new go-to when it comes to appetizers!
Chipotle’s Famous Guacamole Recipe- The secret’s out and there’s no extra charge!
Happy chip dippin’!
SHOP THIS POST