Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip is a creamy, sweet, delicious treat that’s easy to make with cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, whipping cream and marshmallows. It is great for showers, parties and after school snacks!
Dessert dips like this cream cheese fruit dip work wonderfully to serve at parties and other social occasions. It’s a sweet treat that everyone will love!
Recently, when we had a small get-together, I served this along with other treats, and it was seriously the first thing gone. Not only was it a major hit, several people came up to me asking for the recipe, so I knew it needed to be featured here too.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick + easy to make. There’s not many dessert recipes this quick and easy! Ready in just about 20 minutes, including prep time. Allow extra time, if you’d like to serve it chilled.
- Delicious. The combination of the sweet, juicy fruit, crunchy cookies and creamy dip is irresistible.
- Fun & festive. Gather some toothpicks, the fruit and other dippers, and set it all out with this dip. Guests are going to go crazy for it!
- Versatile. You get to choose how this light and luscious dessert dip will hit your lips! Will it be piled on a pretzel, scooped up with a graham cracker, covering a piece of fruit, or maybe layered on a cookie?
Marshmallow fruit dip has so much flavor, yet it’s made with just 5 simple ingredients that are easy to find. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cream cheese. For silky smooth dip, be sure to soften the cream cheese.
- Powdered sugar. To perfectly sweeten this treat.
- Vanilla. Adds a nice boost of flavor.
- Heavy whipping cream. Makes the dip light and airy.
- Mini marshmallows. We recommend toasting the marshmallows for a lovely toasty flavor, however marshmallow fluff from a jar works too.
How to make this recipe
You’re going to love how easy this is to whip up! Follow these simple steps:
Printable recipe card below.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together to combine until smooth. Add in the heavy cream and use an electric stand mixer or hand mixer to beat until light, fluffy and thick, about 3 minutes.
- Place mini marshmallows onto a baking sheet and broil on low to toast. Add toasty marshmallows into dip and stir. Alternatively, stir marshmallow creme into cream cheese mixture.
- Chill the dip in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. Spoon into serving bowl or dish. Serve with any desired cookies and fruit.
The options are literally endless here. Stroll through the produce section and snack section of your local grocery store and get anything you’re craving. Here’s some ideas to get you started:
- Store–bought cookies. Oreos, Nutter Butters, Pirouettes, Milanos, graham crackers, mini chocolate chip cookies, animal crackers, Nilla Wafers
- Homemade cookies. These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are our favorite!
- Other treats. brownies, cubed pound cake, Rice Krispie treats, pretzels
- Fresh fruit. strawberries, apple slices, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, kiwis, bananas (how to keep banana slices from browning too quickly)
- Soften the cream cheese. Be sure the cream cheese is softened for best results and the smoothest, creamiest dip.
- Thoroughly dry the fruit. If your fruit is not completely dry, the dip won’t stick to it as well.
- Chill the dip. For the best taste and texture, chill the dip in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- Full fat dairy. Use full fat cream cheese and heavy whipping cream to ensure a thick, rich end product.
Frequently asked questions
All fruit dip recipes are a bit different, but most contain cream cheese and marshmallow fluff. Some healthy fruit dips even include Greek yogurt. This one is unique because of the addition of toasted marshmallows.
Some of our favorite fruits to serve on a fruit tray and that pair well with this dip are: apples, mandarin oranges, grapes, berries, pineapple, melon, and kiwi.
Yes, you’ll need to refrigerate fruit dip because of the dairy in the cream cheese and the heavy whipping cream.
Leftovers will last up to about 5 days, covered tightly or in an airtight container in the fridge. Give it a good stir to re-incorporate the ingredients before serving.
More easy dessert recipes
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. It’s so fun to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups mini marshmallows or marshmallow fluff
- fruit and cookies for dipping
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together to combine until smooth. Add in the heavy cream and and use an electric mixer to beat until light, fluffy and thick, about 3 minutes.
- Place mini marshmallows onto a baking sheet and broil on low to toast. Add toasty marshmallows into dip and stir.
- Chill the dip in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. Spoon into serving bowl. Serve with any desired cookies and fruit.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!