This easy cinnamon roll microwave mug cake is the perfect treat when you’re craving a little something sweet. In just over a minute, you can be indulging in a scrumptious moist single-sized cinnamon roll flavored cake. Just because this cake’s made in the microwave, doesn’t mean it can’t be delicious!
Microwavable mug cakes are so convenient, especially if you live in a dorm and don’t have access to an oven or you just don’t want to fire it up. They’re also great for those times when you don’t want to make a whole cake or an entire batch of brownies.
My kiddos loved these so much, we’ve already made them several times. Even for a special breakfast treat! They have all of the flavors of your favorite cinnamon roll, but without any of the rolling and waiting.
This mug cake is-
Did I mention quick? Oh, yes!
- ¼ cup flour (all purpose, whole wheat, whole wheat pastry or spelt)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other milk) + 1-2 tablespoons more, as needed
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Spray a microwavable mug with cooking spray and then mix together flour (or pancake mix), baking powder, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil inside. Add 1-2 tablespoons more milk, if needed for desired consistency. You want the batter to stay thick, but not dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the mixture in mug. Use the tip of a knife to swirl cinnamon mix into the top of the batter.
- Microwave on high for about 1 minute and 25 seconds. Take out of the microwave and if desired transfer muffin to a plate. Enjoy!
I’ve also enjoyed this mug cake without the brown sugar topping with a little jam. Delicious either way!
Love mug cakes? Try my Paleo Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake!
Have you ever tried making a microwave mug cake? What flavor did you make?
Shop the post!