This easy cinnamon roll microwave mug cake is the perfect treat when you’re craving a little something sweet. In just over a minute, you can be indulging in a scrumptious moist single-sized cinnamon roll flavored cake. Just because this cake’s made in the microwave, doesn’t mean it can’t be delicious! Be sure to catch my new video of the microwave mug creation process right after the recipe.
Microwavable mug cakes are so convenient, especially if you live in a dorm and don’t have access to an oven or you just don’t want to fire it up. They’re also great for those times when you don’t want to make a whole cake or an entire batch of brownies.
My kiddos loved these so much, we’ve already made them several times. Even for a special breakfast treat! They have all of the flavors of your favorite cinnamon roll, but without any of the rolling and waiting.
This mug cake is-
Did I mention quick? Oh, yes!
- ¼ cup flour (all purpose, whole wheat, whole wheat pastry or spelt)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other milk) + 1-2 tablespoons more, as needed
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Spray a microwavable mug with cooking spray and then mix together flour (or pancake mix), baking powder, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil inside. Add 1-2 tablespoons more milk, if needed for desired consistency. You want the batter to stay thick, but not dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the mixture in mug. Use the tip of a knife to swirl cinnamon mix into the top of the batter.
- Microwave on high for about 1 minute and 25 seconds. Take out of the microwave and if desired transfer muffin to a plate. Enjoy!
I’ve also enjoyed this mug cake without the brown sugar topping with a little jam. Delicious either way!
Love mug cakes? Try my Paleo Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake!
Have you ever tried making a microwave mug cake? What flavor did you make?