Healthy Broccoli Apple Salad
This Healthy Broccoli Apple Salad is the perfect easy side dish for spring and summer barbecues, potlucks and picnics. Best of all, it’s so easy to make with broccoli, apples, almonds, dried cranberries and a homemade tasty dressing.
This post has been sponsored by Newell Rubbermaid. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
With the start of spring and summer just around the corner, broccoli salads are the perfect simple, lighter side dish for all those outdoor cookouts.
This Healthy Broccoli Apple Salad is a family favorite and it’s loaded with a ton of good stuff. And I keep all of that good stuff nice and fresh with Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Savers. I spotted these at Target down the Housewares aisle and I had to give them a try. I always come across the neatest finds at Target!
I’m loving how longer lasting produce means fewer trips to the grocery store! Results may vary depending upon produce and use.
I just hate when my fruits and veggies go to waste, so these have seriously been a life saver. They have a CrispTray at the bottom of the food container that elevates produce away from moisture and promotes airflow to help prevent spoilage. The revolutionary FreshVent technology could not be more cool! It creates the best environment for fruits and vegetables by regulating the flow of oxygen and carbon dioxide in and out of the produce container.
And just look at this vibrant, fresh, nutritious salad that you so need to whip up! Not only is it perfect for barbecues and picnics, but it’s also amazing for Sunday meal prep. Leftovers are perfect for your school or work lunchbox. Definitely saves you time and money. You can even serve this with some diced chicken to make it even more hearty and filling!
MAKE AHEAD TIPS FOR THIS HEALTHY BROCCOLI APPLE SALAD AND SUNDAY MEAL PREP:
- Store the apples and veggies in your Rubbermaid FreshWorks containers and place in the fridge.
- Make the dressing in advance and store in a resealable jar.
- For Sunday meal prep, divide the salad into lunch containers.
I hope you all love this salad. It’s:
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 2 medium heads)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 large apples, finely chopped (I used gala apples)
- 1/3 cup sliced dry roasted almonds, or sunflower seeds or nuts of choice
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1 5-6 oz container plain Greek yogurt (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup clean ingredient mayo or additional Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2-1 tablespoon honey or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, carrots, red onion, apples, almonds, and dried cranberries.
- To make the dressing: Whisk together Greek yogurt, mayo, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve.
This recipe can easily be made dairy free and Whole30 by using subbing the yogurt out for a clean Whole30 approved mayo and omitting the sweetener.
Or make it dairy free by using a dairy free yogurt.
Nutritional facts calculated w/ dried cranberries.
Grab your own Rubbermaid Freshworks Food Storage Containers from Target and give them a try!
Love this Healthy Broccoli Apple Salad? Give these other favorites a try!
- Healthy Cherry Almond Broccoli Salad from Kim’s Cravings
- Skinny Broccoli Salad from Belle of the Kitchen
- Broccoli Salad with Honey Yogurt Dressing from Budget Bytes
Something to think about….
Have you used FreshWorks? Grab your savings here via the ibotta app with a $2 rebate and give them a try!