Easy Roasted Dill Red Potatoes
This post is sponsored by Walmart, but as always all opinions are my own.
Red potatoes, seasoned with dill and oven roasted until golden brown make the perfect, easy, flavorful side dish. These Easy Roasted Dill Red Potatoes pair fabulously with a variety of dishes and work well as a breakfast, lunch or dinner food. I will warn you, though, these taters are super addicting!
Brad and I both love red potatoes (2nd to sweet potatoes, of course) and it had been forever since I’d made them. Every once in a while he mentions that I need to make easy roasted dill red potatoes. While browsing at Walmart and picking up a few essentials from the produce department, I was thrilled to see that Walmart is carrying a large variety of organic fruits and veggies, including organic red potatoes. When it comes to what I’m putting in my body, I go for the BEST and buy organic when available.
The labels identifying all of the Marketside organic produce for Walmart are great because they stand out and all of the produce that is organic is really obvious. I was happy to see that the organic products at Walmart are competitively priced and actually cheaper than at most of the other grocery stores where I shop.
I’ve had a chance to taste and cook with all of the Marketside organic produce that I purchased at Walmart and I’m very pleased with the freshness and quality. Walmart is offering about 50 Marketside organic produce items and many stores will also have organic produce in a separate, designated area. Some of the organic produce items available are; avocados, apples, packaged salads, carrots, broccoli, onions, kale, rainbow chard, oranges, grapes, potatoes and zucchini.
Back to these wonderfully flavorful roasted dill red potatoes- if you’re not as big of a dill fan as my family is, feel free to use your favorite seasoning. A few different ideas are chili powder with cumin or smokey paprika with red pepper flakes, garlic salt with parsley… the options are pretty much endless. These creamy, tender potatoes are a quick and easy side dish that your whole family will LOVE!
- 3 lbs. red new potatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. and prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray, foil (if preferred) or Silpat mat.
- Place potatoes skin down on large baking sheet. Spray potatoes with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle seasonings over the top. Alternatively, you can spray potatoes with olive oil or toss potatoes in 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and then toss with seasonings in a large bowl.
- Roast potatoes at 450 degrees F. for 25-35 minutes and until potatoes are golden brown and tender.
- After potatoes are roasted, drizzle with melted butter, if desired, and garnish with about 3 tablespoons fresh minced chives. Enjoy!
Nutritional information calculated with butter and potatoes divided into 6 equal servings.
Something to think about….
Have you had the chance to try Marketside organics produce for Walmart? What are your thoughts?
Are you a red potato fan? How do you like to cook them? I’ve seen them roasted with bacon, which I’m sure is incredible, but I just really love the dill flavoring. Dill and bacon… I’ll have to try that next time!
A few other side dishes you’re sure to love-