Easy Pulled Pork Sliders
Delicious Pulled Pork Sliders are warm sandwiches filled with shredded pulled pork and coleslaw. The buns are brushed with a flavorful onion poppy seed butter and baked in the oven to golden brown perfection. They are super easy and quick to make, full of flavor, and absolutely drool-worthy. The ultimate party snack! Great for game day, the holidays or for busy weeknights.
Pulled Pork Sliders are the BEST! They’re perfect for parties, gatherings and even family dinners. I tried baking these little sandwiches for the first time just a few months ago with my leftover turkey and cranberry sliders. I don’t know why I waited so long. They were so delicious and they’ve become a reader favorite too!
These mini pork sandwiches have become a new go-to recipe for anytime I’m entertaining or even for an easy dinner option. They are packed with flavor and super easy to make!
Reasons to love this recipe
- Quick & easy. This tasty slider recipe is so quick and easy to make! In less than 30 minutes you’ll have a great snack, game day appetizer, or simply a weekday dinner.
- Perfect for leftovers. Use store-bought, cooked pulled pork or make use of this incredible slow cooker pulled pork.
- Party favorite. These yummy pull-apart sliders are a crowd pleaser that is easy to make. Perfect for any party, potluck, or family movie night.
This easy pulled pork sandwich recipe is made with super simple ingredients. You can make the coleslaw and pulled pork at home or use store-bought. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Coleslaw. The slaw is completely optional, but I love how it gives these sliders some extra flavor, crunch, and color. It’s the perfect topping – the cool and creamy crunchiness of the coleslaw is the ideal partner for the warm and tangy pulled pork. You could make your own, or just buy a bag of purple cabbage coleslaw mix that comes with the dressing and everything.
- Pulled pork. For this recipe, any pulled pork, including store-bought pre-cooked shredded pork will work. We typically use my slow cooker pulled pork recipe because it’s really easy and super tasty.
- Slider rolls. Hawaiian buns or any other slider bun will work great. The sweetness of the Hawaiian rolls does pair really well with the savory meat, though.
- Barbecue sauce. Depending on the sauciness of the meat you’re using, you may want to add BBQ sauce. This is completely optional – add as much or as little as you’d like.
- Butter topping. Before baking, the top of the rolls are brushed with a savory butter mixture that is a combination of melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, onion salt or garlic salt and poppy seeds.
How to make this recipe
Here’s all of the simple steps to bake up some incredibly tasty, hearty sandwiches:
- Make the coleslaw. In a large mixing bowl, stir together mayo, mustard, apple cider vinegar, onion powder and sea salt. Toss in the coleslaw mix. Stir everything together until the slaw is completely coated in the dressing.
- Prep the sliders. Slice the slider buns in half and remove the top of the buns and set aside. Place the bottom half of the buns in a 9×13-inch dish. Layer the pulled pork over the the buns, top with BBQ sauce, if desired, and replace the top of the buns.
- Make the butter topping. In a small bowl that is microwave safe, add butter, Worcestershire sauce, onion salt (or garlic salt) and poppy seeds. Microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until completely melted.
- Add butter & bake. Slowly pour or drizzle the butter mixture over the top of the buns. Alternatively, use a spoon to spoon out melted butter to ensure poppy seeds cover the bun tops. Cover the dish with foil and bake at 375°F for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add coleslaw & serve. If using slaw, once sliders have cooled a few minutes, remove the bun tops, add a spoonful of slaw and replace tops. Enjoy!
- We recommend making the coleslaw a couple of hours before serving, so the flavors have time to marinate together.
- These sandwiches can be assembled up to 4 hours in advance. Store them covered in the fridge until you’re ready to put them in the oven.
- These are best immediately after they come out of the oven. To keep them warm for a party, cover them with aluminum foil in a warm oven (170ºF) until serving. Keep them covered with foil even when they are sitting on the countertop. You could also cut the sandwiches, wrap them individually in foil and place them in a slow cooker on the warm setting.
- This recipe as written makes 12 sandwiches, we find that most people eat about 2 sliders. You can easily double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd.
Frequently asked questions
Pulled pork sliders can be served as part of an appetizer spread for game day, the holidays or a party. However, they pair fabulously with a variety of sides! Here’s some delicious options: potato salad, deviled eggs, chips, French fries, corn on the cob, or roasted potatoes.
We love these with cole slaw, but here are some other toppings that would work great: caramelized onion, pickled vegetables, pickled red onion, dill pickles, jalapeños or pickled jalapeños or pepperoncini.
While any slider buns will work great for these sandwiches, we love Kings Hawaiian sweet buns. Other great options are: potato buns or brioche buns.
While these Hawaiian pulled pork sliders are pretty much perfect as-is, you can add more ingredients to these sliders to adapt them to your taste preferences. Here’s some options:
- Meat. Not a fan of pork? Try shredded chicken instead. You could even use shredded rotisserie chicken. Another option is this slow cooker ham, which would be amazing!
- Spicy. Add a layer of pickled jalapeños in between the pork and slaw. You could also use a spicy BBQ sauce variety.
- Cheese. Instead of slaw, before cooking, add a slice of cheese over the pork. Great cheese options are Swiss, cheddar, mozzarella, pepper jack or provolone.
- Italian. Use provolone or mozzarella cheese and add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes instead of slaw.
Pulled pork sliders are a welcome addition to any gathering. The seasoned butter combined with the tender pulled pork and fresh coleslaw really takes these sandwiches over the top and turns them into something special. These really hit the spot! They were a major hit with my family and I have no doubt they will be with yours as well.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Easy Pulled Pork Sliders
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 (9 oz.) package slaw (I like a cabbage/carrot mix)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together mayo, mustard, apple cider vinegar, onion powder and sea salt. Toss in the coleslaw mix. Stir everything together until the slaw is completely coated in the dressing. I like to make this a couple of hours before serving, so the flavors have time to marinate together.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice the slider buns in half and remove the top of the buns and set aside.
- Place the bottom half of the buns in a 9×13 dish. Layer the pulled pork over the the buns, top with BBQ sauce, if desired, and replace the top of the buns.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add butter, Worcestershire sauce, onion salt and poppy seeds. Microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until completely melted.
- Slowly pour the butter mixture over the top of the buns. Alternatively, use a spoon to spoon out melted butter to ensure poppy seeds cover the bun tops. Cover the dish with foil and bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- If using slaw, once sliders have cooled a few minutes, remove the bun tops, add a spoonful of slaw and replace tops. Enjoy!