Easy Pulled Pork Sliders
Pulled pork takes a new form in these hearty Pulled Pork Sliders. These are warm sandwiches filled with shredded pulled pork and coleslaw. The buns are brushed with a flavorful onion poppy seed butter and baked in the oven to golden brown perfection. They are super easy and quick to make, full of flavor, and absolutely drool-worthy. The ultimate party snack! Great for game day, the holidays or for busy weeknights.
Pulled Pork Sliders are the BEST! They’re perfect for parties, gatherings and even family dinners. I tried baking these little sandwiches for the first time just a few months ago with my leftover turkey and cranberry sliders. I don’t know why I waited so long. They were so delicious and they’ve become a reader favorite too!
These mini pork sandwiches have become a new go-to recipe for anytime I’m entertaining or even for an easy dinner option. They are packed with flavor and super easy to make!
How to make this recipe
The first step is to choose your slider rolls. Hawaiian buns or any other slider bun will work great. The sweetness of the Hawaiian bread does pair really well with the savory pulled pork. The rolls are topped with pulled pork and BBQ sauce, if desired, then the top of the rolls are brushed with a savory butter and baked until the bread is toasted. Once the sliders have cooked and cooled a few minutes, remove the bun tops, add a spoonful of slaw on each one and replace the tops. So delicious!
Pulled pork: When making your pulled pork sliders, any pulled pork, including store bought pre-cooked shredded pork will work. I used my favorite Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe because it’s really easy and super tasty.
Coleslaw: The slaw is completely optional, but I love how it gives these sliders some extra flavor, crunch, and color. You could make your own, or just buy a bag of purple cabbage coleslaw mix that comes with the dressing and everything. Easy, peasy! For me (and I assume plenty of others), coleslaw is the perfect topping for pulled pork. The cool and creamy crunchiness of the coleslaw is the ideal partner for the warm and tangy pulled pork.
How long to cook
These sliders take about 15 minutes to bake in the oven. You’ll want to cover your sandwiches with foil for the first 10 minutes, so that the tops don’t burn while everything is getting nice and warm. After the sandwiches are warmed through, you can uncover the sliders and let them bake for about 5 more minutes and until golden brown.
- Not a fan of pork? Try shredded chicken instead. You could even use shredded rotisserie chicken.
- You can use any variety of pulled pork – I LOVE my recipe for Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. Store bought works too, though.
- The BBQ sauce is optional. Add as much or as little BBQ sauce as you want or leave it off completely.
- These sandwiches can be assembled up to 4 hours in advance. Store them covered in the fridge until you’re ready to put them in the oven.
- Pulled pork sliders are best eaten immediately after they come out of the oven.
While these pulled pork sliders are pretty much perfect as-is, you can add more ingredients to these sliders to adapt them to your taste preferences.
- Spicy: Add a layer of pickled jalapeños in between the pork and slaw. You could also use a spicy BBQ sauce variety.
- Cheese: Instead of slaw, before cooking, add a slice of cheese over the pork. Great cheese options are Swiss, cheddar, mozzarella, pepper jack or provolone.
- Italian: Use provolone or mozzarella cheese and add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes instead of slaw.
This recipe as written makes 12 sandwiches, I find that most people eat about 2 sliders. You can easily double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd.
Pulled pork sliders are a welcome addition to any gathering. The seasoned butter combined with the tender pulled pork and fresh coleslaw really takes these sandwiches over the top and turns them into something special. These really hit the spot! They were a major hit with my family and I have no doubt they will be with yours as well.
More sandwich recipes
Pimiento Cheese BLT Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Easy Pulled Pork Sliders
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 (9 oz.) package slaw (I like a cabbage/carrot mix)
- 12 pack slider buns
- 3 cups pulled pork, (or use store bought)
- coleslaw, (recipe above)
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, OPTIONAL & use more or less depending on how saucy you want the sliders
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt or garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together mayo, mustard, apple cider vinegar, onion powder and sea salt. Toss in the coleslaw mix. Stir everything together until the slaw is completely coated in the dressing. I like to make this a couple of hours before serving, so the flavors have time to marinate together.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice the slider buns in half and remove the top of the buns and set aside.
- Place the bottom half of the buns in a 9×13 dish. Layer the pulled pork over the the buns, top with BBQ sauce, if desired, and replace the top of the buns.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add butter, Worcestershire sauce, onion salt and poppy seeds. Microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until completely melted.
- Slowly pour the butter mixture over the top of the buns. Alternatively, use a spoon to spoon out melted butter to ensure poppy seeds cover the bun tops. Cover the dish with foil and bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- If using slaw, once sliders have cooled a few minutes, remove the bun tops, add a spoonful of slaw and replace tops. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
I had some leftover smoked pulled pork and Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls to use up, which led me to this slider recipe. I mixed the BBQ sauce with the pork and put it on the bottom halves of the rolls, topped with slices of white cheddar and French fried onions. Used the slaw dressing recipe with store bought slaw mix after pulling the sliders out. I only got 2 and the rest were GONE! Will freeze a portion of the next pork shoulder we smoke just for these. Thanks so much for the recipe!
That sounds great! So happy you enjoyed!
Do you still add water in the instant pot? Or being as your adding pork broth to the inner pot, you don’t have to add the water????
You don’t have to add water. Enjoy!
Absolutely delicious!!!!! A definite repeater
Yay! So happy to hear that!
Fabulous recipe! I made these over the Christmas holiday and my family thoroughly enjoyed. I’ll definitely be making again!
These were the best pulled pork sandwiches I’ve ever eaten!!! I made it just like the recipe, with your slow cooker pulled pork. Outstanding recipe!!!
Yum! These were totally perfect for my neighborhood get together. I’m planning to make them for family game night next.
Wow! We made these for a Super bowl party and everyone loved them. I even had a few people ask me for the recipe!
Huge hit with everyone!!! This recipe is a keeper, thank you for sharing!
I just had to comment and let you know, we’ve been making these several times a month. They are super easy and the whole family gobbles them up!
Loved these and they were a huge hit at my recent New Year’s Eve party. Thanks for the recipe!
These were fantastic!!! Super tasty and easy!
These are AWESOME! I made them exactly as written and I wouldn’t change a thing. The only problem is- now I have to make them for every Sunday football game for my grown children and their friends!
Made these for a potluck. It was a huge hit everyone loved them. There weren’t any leftovers.
These were perfect. We had them for a 4th of July party. By the time my daughter got to the table they were gone. They all said make more. Well worth making. Will make this over and over.
oh em gee! these were so good! i love pulled pork and this was such a delicious way to enjoy it! my kids loved these too!
I made this dish last night and we thought it was really good. My husband was leery but said he really liked them and to please make them again! Overall, I would definitely recommend and will make it again. Very easy to prepare and only a few leftover. Goes great with coleslaw too.
I wish there was a higher rating than 5 stars!!! I’ve made these several times and they are always a great hit. Even better than I thought they would be!!
Made these for dinner the other night and they were great. I assembled them in the morning and baked them in the evening. I did have to add an additional several minutes to the cooking time to account for them being refrigerated.
Such a quick and easy recipe that tasted absolutely wonderful! We actually made these for family dinner and everyone loved them!
These sliders were absolutely delicious! I made them for dinner tonight and my entire family loved it. The only change I made was using provolone cheese instead of coleslaw. This will definitely become a staple.
Holy Cow!!! These were devoured immediately! Great recipe, everyone loved these. Husband, kids and neighbors were very happy!
Made these for a Super Bowl party. Biggest hit of the night! Made them exactly as recipe indicated with your slow cooker pulled pork. I made the meat the night before, so on game day all I had to do was assemble. The butter topping is the best, do not leave it off. Also I made 12 at a time, which is so convenient, had late arrivals to the party so I just whipped up another 12 and served them hot 2 hours after the first batch and when I put them on the table everyone jumped up for more! Hubby wants them for dinner soon!
These sliders were absolutely delicious. Will be making again for sure.
These were fabulous. I made them for a family dinner and everyone loved them, even the picky kids!