Easy Pulled Pork Sliders
Pulled pork takes a new form in these hearty sandwiches. These pulled pork sliders are warm sandwiches filled with shredded pulled pork and coleslaw. The buns are brushed with a flavorful onion poppy seed butter and baked in the oven to golden brown perfection. These easy pulled pork sliders are super quick to whip up, full of flavor, and absolutely drool-worthy. The ultimate party snack!
Sliders are the BEST! They’re perfect for parties, gatherings and even family dinners. I tried baking sliders for the first time just a few months ago with my leftover turkey and cranberry sliders. I don’t know why I waited so long. They were so delicious!
These pulled pork sliders definitely made it to the top of the list as a favorite. A new go-to recipe for anytime I’m entertaining or even for an easy dinner option. These sliders are packed with flavor and super easy to make.
How Do You Make Pulled Pork Sliders?
The first step is to choose your slider rolls. Hawaiian buns or any other slider bun will work great. The sweetness of the Hawaiian bread does pair really well with the savory pulled pork. The rolls are topped with pulled pork and BBQ sauce, if desired, then the top of the rolls are brushed with a savory butter and baked until the bread is toasted. Once the sliders have cooked and cooled a few minutes, remove the bun tops, add a spoonful of slaw on each one and replace the tops. So delicious!
Pulled pork: When making your pulled pork sliders, any pulled pork, including store bought pre-cooked shredded pork will work. I used my favorite Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe because it’s really easy and super tasty.
Coleslaw: The slaw is completely optional, but I love how it gives these sliders some extra flavor, crunch, and color. You could make your own, or just buy a bag of purple cabbage coleslaw mix that comes with the dressing and everything. Easy, peasy! For me (and I assume plenty of others), coleslaw is the perfect topping for pulled pork. The cool and creamy crunchiness of the coleslaw is the ideal partner for the warm and tangy pulled pork.
How Long Do You Cook Pulled Pork Sliders?
These sliders take about 15 minutes to bake in the oven. You’ll want to cover your sandwiches with foil for the first 10 minutes, so that the tops don’t burn while everything is getting nice and warm. After the sandwiches are warmed through, you can uncover the sliders and let them bake for about 5 more minutes and until golden brown.
Tips For Making Baked Sliders
- Not a fan of pork? Try shredded chicken instead. You could even use shredded rotisserie chicken.
- You can use any variety of pulled pork – I LOVE my recipe for Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. Store bought works too, though.
- The BBQ sauce is optional. Add as much or as little BBQ sauce as you want or leave it off completely.
- These sandwiches can be assembled up to 4 hours in advance. Store them covered in the fridge until you’re ready to put them in the oven.
- Pulled pork sliders are best eaten immediately after they come out of the oven.
Pulled Pork Slider Variations
While these pulled pork sliders are pretty much perfect as-is, you can add more ingredients to these sliders to adapt them to your taste preferences.
- Spicy: Add a layer of pickled jalapeños in between the pork and slaw. You could also use a spicy BBQ sauce variety.
- Cheese: Instead of slaw, before cooking, add a slice of cheese over the pork. Great cheese options are Swiss, cheddar, mozzarella, pepper jack or provolone.
- Italian: Use provolone or mozzarella cheese and add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes instead of slaw.
This recipe as written makes 12 sandwiches, I find that most people eat about 2 sliders. You can easily double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd.
Pulled pork sliders are a welcome addition to any gathering. The seasoned butter combined with the tender pulled pork and fresh coleslaw really takes these sandwiches over the top and turns them into something special. These really hit the spot! They were a major hit with my family and I have no doubt they will be with yours as well.
More Sandwich Recipes You’ll Love
If you try this recipe for pulled pork sliders, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves them as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. It’s so fun to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Easy Pulled Pork Sliders
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 (9 oz.) package slaw (I like a cabbage/carrot mix)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together mayo, mustard, apple cider vinegar, onion powder and sea salt. Toss in the coleslaw mix. Stir everything together until the slaw is completely coated in the dressing. I like to make this a couple of hours before serving, so the flavors have time to marinate together.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice the slider buns in half and remove the top of the buns and set aside.
- Place the bottom half of the buns in a 9x13 dish. Layer the pulled pork over the the buns, top with BBQ sauce, if desired, and replace the top of the buns.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add butter, Worcestershire sauce, onion salt and poppy seeds. Microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until completely melted.
- Slowly pour the butter mixture over the top of the buns. Alternatively, use a spoon to spoon out melted butter to ensure poppy seeds cover the bun tops. Cover the dish with foil and bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- If using slaw, once sliders have cooled a few minutes, remove the bun tops, add a spoonful of slaw and replace tops. Enjoy!