Grilled Sweet and Sour Chicken Skewers with Pampered Chef
Fire up the Grill! You guys are going to love these irresistible Grilled Sweet and Sour Chicken Skewers! Thanks to Pampered Chef for providing me amazing products and sponsoring this easy, guilt-free, flavorful recipe.
Please tell me you’ve used your grill at least once this year. I use mine at every chance I get and will until it starts to snow. For some reason food just tastes better when it’s made on the grill. Something about those charred grill marks and summer fresh air. Oh, and the fact that clean-up is a breeze. 😀
Not only am I having fun grilling up tons of recipes like ribs and shrimp, I’m also having a blast using some cool new goodies from Pampered Chef. I’ve been a fan of Pampered Chef ever since my mom brought home the best pizza stone ever from a Pampered Chef party she had attended.
The Wicker Serving Tray and Wicker Serving Caddy add the perfect touch to outdoor entertaining. It also makes carrying food and other utensils from the kitchen to the grill so manageable. They’re super sturdy! And I’m absolutely loving how easy they were to wipe down and clean. The caddy is even made with a dishwasher-safe durable material. Post-party cleanup has never been easier!!
The Wine Chiller has definitely come in handy too! It features an innovative clay lining, and keeps wine at serving temperature for up to two hours, without the mess of an ice bucket. And it’s so versatile — I can use it for coffee creamer, soda and sparkling water. It truly is an entertaining must-have for any occasion, whether it’s a brunch, picnic or formal dinner.
Let’s make some Grilled Sweet and Sour Chicken Skewers!
I started this recipe with whipping up the sauce and then cubing the chicken. Let me tell you, if you don’t make any other sauces this summer, please make this sweet and sour sauce. It is so delish!!
And just look at that gorgeous, colorful knife below! Chopping and prep work has never been easier (or cleaner!) with Pampered Chef’s coated knives. They worked wonderfully for slicing, dicing, chopping and mincing everything from meat to herbs.
These versatile and colorful knives are my new mealtime must-haves. Each knife is made of stainless steel to resist stains and
corrosion, and features a nonstick coating to make clean up a breeze. Each game-changing, durable knife also features a cover for safe and easy storage.
Oh, and Pampered Chef’s Flexible Cutting Mats are perfect for all my food prepping. Each 11” x 15” cutting mat features useful information to help new cooks learn knife skills and prep techniques – I find the portion sizes mat to be particularly
helpful. I love that they’re dishwasher-safe and feature silicone backing to help grip counters.
Plus, its flexible material lets me easily funnel ingredients right into my recipe!
Place the cubed chicken in a large baggie with the sauce to marinate while you prep the bell peppers, onion and pineapple. After giving all of that a good shake in the sauce, then string everything on your sticks and you’re ready to go!
Grill your skewers at a high heat of about 425ºF for about 10 minutes and you’ve got dinner ready in under 30 minutes! We served ours on a bed of quinoa, but any grain you like will suffice.
I hope you guys are head-over-heels for these grilled sweet and sour chicken skewers! They’re:
And perfect for your summer cookouts
These skewers are super easy to make and are great served on salads, with rice, or in burritos and wraps! If you get a chance to give them a try be sure to comment and let us know what you think, also snap a picture and tag #kimscravings on Instagram so we can all see your deliciousness. Enjoy, friends!
Grilled Sweet and Sour Chicken Skewers
For the Skewers:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cleaned, pounded + cut into 1½ inch square cubes
- 2 large bell peppers, any color
- 1 large red onion
- 1/2 pineapple, cubed (~2 cups)
For the Marinade/Sauce:
- 1/2 cup organic ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari, soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon sriracha, optional
- Prepare sauce by mixing together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl or shake them all up in a mason jar. Remove 1/3 cup for later. Place the remaining sauce in a large baggie with chicken. Toss and seal. Place in fridge and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- When finished marinating, remove chicken from bag and place into a bowl.
- Keep the remaining marinade in the bag and add peppers and onion to the bag.
- Shake the veggies with the remaining marinade to coat them.
- Make your skewers, alternating between veggies, pineapple and chicken.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Lay a piece of tin foil down and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Cook skewers on grill for about 5 minutes and then flip for another 5 minutes and until chicken is cooked through.
- Drizzle with reserved sauce if desired and enjoy!
Looking for other recipes to cook up this summer? You’ll love these other summer favorites!
Something to think about….
Love Pampered Chef as much as I do? Head on over to the Pampered Chef consultant page and find out how you can become a consult today!