Chicken Chili Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Chicken Chili Recipe is full of flavor and loaded with protein from the chicken and beans. It makes for the perfect comforting meal for that cold winter night!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Chicken Chili Recipe
This chicken chili recipe is full of flavor and loaded with protein from the chicken and beans. It makes for the perfect comforting meal for that cold winter night!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) 15 ounce can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, avocado, tortilla strips, fresh cilantro, sour cream, sliced jalapeño, lime juice
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, stock/broth, beans, corn, green chiles, chicken, and spices; stir to combine. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer (uncovered) for about 15 minutes or until the chili thickens and flavors blend.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Add favorite toppings and enjoy!
Place leftovers in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to about 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 219kcal, Carbohydrates: 10g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 56mg, Sodium: 242mg, Potassium: 430mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 1203IU, Vitamin C: 41mg, Calcium: 40mg, Iron: 2mg
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!