A mouthwatering blend of flavors in the best ever vegan quinoa chili – the perfect bowl of comfort and yumminess that you can enjoy guilt-free! Thanks so much Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post.
A piping-hot bowl of chili is probably my favorite meal to enjoy during the winter months. There are so many variations and delicious ways to change it up. Plus, a chili meal is a great excuse to enjoy crumbly corn bread!
Recently, I hosted a large group of people with different eating restrictions and I needed to keep things gluten-free, dairy-free and plant-based to accommodate everyone. Bob’s Red Mill quinoa is the perfect whole grain superfood for adding plenty of protein, nutrition and heartiness without using any gluten or meat products. And I must say, even with some pretty great ingredients… sweet potatoes, I’m talking to you!… the quinoa steals the show. It adds such a fun texture, soaking up all the flavors and goodness of this chili.
This best ever quinoa chili is also loaded with kidney beans, black beans, corn, sweet potatoes and just enough seasonings to give you a subtle kick in the pants. Plus, this batch will make enough to feed an army, so it’ll keep you and your family well fed for days! Love when there’s leftovers!
Oh and there’s also a secret ingredient that really sets this quinoa chili apart. In addition to all of the sultry spices and seasonings, the entire time the chili cooks on the stove, a stick of cinnamon is lettin’ out its flavor! If you don’t happen to have a stick of cinnamon and you’re craving this chili asap, go for it. But if you love cinnamon like I do, I would totally recommend the addition. It really adds a unique depth of flavor!
If you are new to quinoa, this is an excellent way to try it for the first time because it doesn’t require cooking ahead of time. Just throw everything into a large pot and your meal is ready in just over 30 minutes! This chili is warm and satisfying on a chilly day! I know you guys are going to devour this meal – it’s:
& ready lickity split!
This recipe works well for freezing and reheating whenever you get that chili craving and/or when you’re feeling lazy and cold. I like garnishing mine with a squirt of lime juice, avocado, fresh cilantro and plenty of corn bread.
I hope you guys love this easy chili! If you try it, let me know in the comments or take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram! I’d love to see. Enjoy!
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, diced ( + coconut or olive oil)
- 3 small or 2 large sweet potatoes, diced (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt + more to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 4 cups vegetable broth, low sodium, divided
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked (you will not need to rinse if using Bob's Red Mill quinoa)
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté diced onion in about 2 teaspoons oil until translucent and soft. Add diced sweet potato and spices (all are optional). Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups vegetable broth and bring mixture to a low boil on medium high heat, then lower heat to medium-low and simmer. Add quinoa, beans, corn and cinnamon stick; cover and cook for 30 minutes more and until the sweet potatoes are fork tender and the chili is thick. Once chili is done cooking, stir in additional cup of vegetable broth. Taste and add more seasonings as needed.
- As with all chili and soup recipes, this is best when prepared the night before or has time to sit before serving for a few hours so the flavors can really shine.
- Remove cinnamon stick and serve with fresh cilantro, lime juice, avocado, chips, non-dairy sour cream and/or cheese, as preferred.
Love this Vegan Quinoa Chili? Check out 20 other healthy favorite chili recipes!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite type of chili? Have you tried adding quinoa to your chili? So yummy and satisfying!
Use the find a store “FIND A STORE” button here to find Bob’s Red Mill products in your area. While you’re visiting the Bob’s Red Mill website, be sure to grab a coupon by clicking on the “Coupons” section.
Shop this post!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill. Thanks for supporting the brands and companies that make it possible for me to continue providing quality content to you!