Low Carb Protein Waffles that are so easy to make, contain very few ingredients and actually taste delicious. I reeeeeeally like the sound of that! In fact, I’ve been enjoying a waffle daily on repeat all summer long!
*Recipe edited 12/4/16 to share how I have been creating my low carb protein waffle, more recently. This is my go-to breakfast… and dessert on low carb days.
Waffles are seriously my favorite breakfast food ever. And if I had to choose between waffles and pancakes… is that even a choice? Waffles are #1 in my book- they require no flipping and then you’ve got those nooks and crannies that perfectly hold sweet drops of maple syrup. There’s just no comparison.
Because research shows that starting your day with a high-protein breakfast can aid weight loss and boost energy, I start my day with one waffle, a drizzle of my homemade maple cinnamon almond butter, another drizzle of Walden Farms Pancake Syrup and a handful of blueberries (or another fresh fruit). It’s the perfect pre-workout meal- it satisfies my hunger and that pesky sweet tooth. I promise, these Low Carb Protein Waffles will leave you feeling worlds better than the typical high-sugar waffle (or pancake) breakfast. And if you’re trying to eat low carb, you may enjoy my skinny egg white omelet as a second or even third meal.
This recipe is gluten free, low carb, contains no processed sugar and is made with Nuzest Clean Lean Protein – my favorite vegan, Paleo and completely natural protein powder. Use code KC15 at checkout for 15% off any Nuzest orders! It contains no gluten, dairy, soy GMOs or artificial preservatives. I absolutely love how this recipe is so simple, easy and healthy, but the best part is how out-of-this world delicious it is!
- 1 scoop (or serving) vanilla (or your favorite flavor) protein powder* Use code KC15 for 15% off orders!
- ¼ cup egg whites from a carton + 1-2 tablespoons water, if needed for a thinner consistency
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (optional- I typically leave this out.)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I typically leave this out)
- Optional for serving: maple syrup, almond butter, Walden Farms calorie free pancake syrup (the chocolate drizzle shown in the picture is calorie free and also from Walden Farms) and/or fresh fruit
- Heat waffle iron.
- Stir all ingredients together in a small bowl, until batter is free from most clumps.
- Once waffle iron is heated, spray top and bottom of iron with non-stick cooking spray and pour batter over bottom iron. Depending on how thick your batter is, you may want to use the back of your spoon to spread the batter evenly over the iron.
- When waffle iron goes off, transfer waffle to a plate and top with your favorites. Serve immediately or store in a covered container to reheat and enjoy later.
-Nutritional information is calculated with Nuzest Clean Lean Vanilla Protein Powder and Simple Truth brand carton egg whites with no additional toppings.
-I've recently been enjoying adding about 25 grams of pumpkin puree and a dash of pumpkin pie spice (instead of the other seasonings listed in the ingredients) to my batter. It's delicious and keeps the waffle from being so fluffy.
Low Carb Protein Waffles are my go-to breakfast, but I also have a few other favorites! Enjoy!
Chocolate Protein Waffles– This recipe is very similar to the Low Carb Protein Waffles, but with mashed banana.
Gluten Free Banana Oat Waffles– Made in the blender with oats and banana, these are Baby Will’s favorites!
Share these Low Carb Protein Waffles on Pinterest! (scroll over the left, top corner)
Something to think about….
Pancakes or waffles? What’s your favorite?
Have you tried Nuzest? Nervous to jump in and try something new? Try the starter pack, which is only $14 and a sample of each flavor.
Shop the post!