This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FallForFresh #CollectiveBias
Turkey Cranberry Sliders are a quick and easy recipe to use up that leftover turkey and cranberry sauce from the holidays! Hawaiian rolls are loaded with turkey, cranberry sauce and your favorite cheese for a tasty lunch or dinner after the big meal.
One of the main reasons I get so excited for Thanksgiving, besides my pumpkin pie dessert squares, is Black Friday. Black Friday is one of my favorite traditions. We’re old school and go shopping the morning after Thanksgiving because this girl needs her beauty rest. But I absolutely love getting up early on Friday, grabbing a white chocolate peppermint mocha and checking gifts off my kiddos’ wishlists, all with the hustle and bustle of the holidays.
After we’ve shopped till we just about drop, I break out a family favorite recipe and bake up Turkey Cranberry Sliders with Thanksgiving leftovers. I honestly think these Turkey Cranberry Sliders may be better than the actual Thanksgiving dinner. The savory turkey and cheese combined with the sweet rolls and cranberry sauce… oh goodness, guys, it’s delicious.
Ocean Spray® Fresh Cranberries are my go-to for anything cranberry related. I grabbed mine up at Kroger and was sure to purchase 2 bags – 1 for now and 1 to freeze for later. Did you know cranberries keep frozen for up to one year? Now you can have Turkey Cranberry Sliders year round!
Ocean Spray® Fresh Cranberries are really quite versatile too. There’s, of course, the cranberry sauce, and the flavor of cranberries in my desserts, breakfast meals, smoothies is incredible. Mix a little cranberry sauce into your pumpkin oatmeal… you can thank me later. Last year, I even used cranberries to create a festive salsa dip. Plus there’s all of the decorating that you can do with those little red gems this time of year. I love using them to add pops of color and a jolly feeling when I’m creating my centerpiece for the holiday dinner table.
Black Friday aside, there’s just nothing like sharing holiday meals with the ones you cherish most. I always request to be in charge of table decor because I have so much fun creating a cheerful, inviting, cozy atmosphere to share with my favorite people. With very little expense and some natural elements from the yard, my simple, rustic centerpiece idea really sets the scene for holiday dining.
Candles are a must in my table decor because dining by candlelight adds a special warm fuzzy feeling. I situated several different sizes and types of candles for a dramatic effect. I then added some colored pecans and pinecones to give the table a rustic enchanting quality. To top it off with a colorful flair, Ocean Spray® Fresh Cranberries definitely rounded out the look quite perfectly.
As you can see, this centerpiece is simple to put together and involved very minimal effort! Much of what I used can be repurposed throughout the year for other occasions as well. It’s so lovely for hosting your family and friends this holiday season!
A quick and tasty recipe to use up holiday leftovers!
- 8 ounces leftover turkey or thick cut turkey deli meat
- 4 large slices Gouda, Havarti or Provolone cheese (or other favorite cheese)
- 1 cup Ocean Spray cranberry relish or sauce
- 12 pack Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Everything Bagel seasoning or poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 375° F. and prepare a 9X13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Slice Hawaiian buns in half while keeping all of the buns attached to one another. Remove the top buns and set aside.
- Place the bottom buns in the pan. Add the turkey over the the buns and top with cranberry relish or sauce, slices of cheese and the tops of buns.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, mix the butter, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon and seasoning or poppy seeds. Microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until the butter is melted.
- Brush the butter mixture over the top of the buns. Cover with tinfoil and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Remove the tinfoil and bake for an additional 5-8 minutes. Serve immediately.
Measurements for turkey, cranberry sauce and cheese are all approximate. Use the preferred amount for your sliders.
For a quick, easy, delicious cranberry sauce, I like this one from Ocean Spray.
Loving these Turkey Cranberry Sliders? You’ll love my other favorite cranberry recipes!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite cranberry inspired dish?
Do you have a special recipe for serving up holiday leftovers?
Grab up a couple bags of Ocean Spray® Fresh Cranberries and get to cookin’ or decorating!