The Best Homemade Taco Seasoning
I know it’s quite a statement to say, The BEST Homemade Taco Seasoning, but when I say the best, I actually mean the BEST. I’ve tried many versions of taco seasonings, from store bought to my own creations to other recipes I’ve come across. This one is the one, people!
A major plus to mixing up your own taco seasoning is you won’t find any nasty MSG, additives or high amounts of sodium. This recipe for homemade taco seasoning is 100% natural and super tasty!
Taco night is always a favorite in my household. The toppings are pretty important when it comes to having a tasty taco, but a flavorful taco seasoning is key to the best taco experience possible. You guys are going to love this homemade taco seasoning. It’s-
Full of flavor
And simply the BEST!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt + more as needed to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a small bowl or jar, mix all ingredients and store in airtight container. I like using a jar with a lid and giving it a shake to mix. This also makes it easy for storage.
- For tacos or seasoning meat for another use, add 3 tablespoons seasoning mixture plus 1/2 cup water or chicken broth to one pound of cooked meat. Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently until there is very little liquid left in the pan.
Adapted from Rachel Cooks.
It's the perfect amount of mix for this taco lettuce wrap recipe, avocado crema and all.---> recipe to be posted tomorrow
I typically use this mix for ground meat for tacos, but feel free to try it with shredded chicken for fajitas. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Something to think about….
Do you have a favorite homemade taco seasoning recipe? Be sure to catch tomorrow’s recipe for a great way to use this seasoning mix!