Baked Pork Chops
Flavorful and tender, sweet and savory, these Baked Pork Chops are roasted to perfection in just 30 minutes! They are smothered in a homemade sauce with butter, rosemary and honey, then baked to juicy perfection!
So thrilled to be sharing these Baked Pork Chops, which happen to be one of the easiest and tastiest dinner recipes. My kids gobbled this meal up! With just 8 simple ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time, you can have flavorful pork chops smothered with a simple garlicky, rosemary honey mustard sauce fresh from the oven. Pair with your favorite side dish and you have a healthy, filling, gluten-free dinner for the whole family.
Why you will love this recipe
- Packed with flavor. Love sweet and savory recipes! Contrasting flavors that compliment each other beautifully is the name of the game. And the savory pork taste with the subtly sweet sauce is a fabulous pairing.
- Easy weeknight dinner. This pork chop recipe is really easy to put together. The oven will do all the work for you with minimal prep time.
- Healthy and simple. A healthy pork recipe that the whole family will love. Made all in one pan for a hassle-free, simple dinner.
My husband loved this and said it was restaurant quality and he’d go back for it again. The chops were moist, tender and flavorful!— Kenneth
This recipe for oven-baked pork chops uses simple, easy-to-find ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen. Here’s the lineup:
- Pork chops. A pork chop is a loin cut taken from a pig (usually with a rib attached). This cut of meat is leaner and healthier than other cuts from the pig, like bacon. Packed full of protein and juicy flavor. More about bone-in versus boneless below.
- Dijon mustard. Adds bold and tangy flavors to the sauce. If you don’t have Dijon you can sub with yellow mustard.
- Fresh rosemary. For a sharp, fresh herb flavor.
- Garlic. Gives the sauce a delicious savory taste.
- Honey. To balance the other strong flavors with a bit of sweetness.
- Salted butter. This helps bring the sauce together but it also adds richness and helps the sauce penetrate the meat.
- Salt and ground pepper. Don’t forget to season during cooking. Salt & black pepper really help to make all of the flavors pop. Feel free to use any other spices that you’d like, too.
How to make this recipe
These are so flavorful and super easy! There’s no need to sear these on the stove, instead, they go straight into the oven. This makes them more tender and saves an extra step of work. Here’s the simple process:
The printable recipe is below, in the recipe card.
- Prep. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 9×13 pan or casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray or grease with olive oil. Place pork chops into baking pan.
- Make sauce. In a small bowl stir dijon mustard, rosemary, garlic, honey and butter together. Microwave 30 seconds to 1 minute or until butter has melted completely.
- Add sauce to pork. Pour half the sauce over the top of each loin chop, and spread using the back of a spoon.
- Bake. Turn pork chops and spread the remaining sauce over the top. Bake 25-30 minutes or until baked to 150-160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rest and serve. Remove from oven, cover with foil and rest 10 minutes. Enjoy served warm with any favorite side dishes.
- Buy thick-cut pork chops. It’s best if the pork loin chops are at least 1-inch thick. Thin pork chops tend to dry out more easily.
- Use room temperature meat. Although you can bake your chops straight from the fridge, consider taking them out of the fridge beforehand. Room temperature meat tends to cook more evenly.
- Don’t over-bake. If your meat cooks too long, it could turn out tough and dry. If you have a meat thermometer, use that to check for doneness and aim for an internal temperature of 150-160 degrees Fahrenheit, no higher.
- Let them rest. After these are done baking, try tenting your baking dish with tin foil and letting the meat rest for about 10 minutes. This will really help lock in the juices and moisture!
Frequently asked questions
For this recipe, we recommend baking the pork chops at 375 degrees F. By not cooking them at too hot of a temperature, they remain tender and juicy rather than drying out.
For maximum juicy tenderness, you’ll want to use thick bone-in pork chops. It also helps to let them rest after removing them from the oven.
Yes, you can use boneless pork chops to make this recipe. Boneless pork chops are leaner than bone-in and don’t need nearly as much baking time. Bone-in chops bake up juicier, thanks to the extra fat around the bone plus it adds a ton of extra natural flavor. Simply cut the chop from the bone after baking for easier serving. Scroll down to read my notes in the recipe card about baking times.
We have tons of delicious side dish options to serve with meaty recipes like this one. Here’s some to choose from:
- White Bean Couscous Salad
- Best Potato Salad
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Dill
- Roasted Vegetables
Store leftovers in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 4 days. Rewarm in the oven at 350ºF or in the microwave.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves this recipe as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Baked Pork Chops
- 2 pounds pork chops* bone in, 1/2 to 1-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place pork chops into baking pan.
- In a small bowl stir dijon mustard, rosemary, garlic, honey and butter together. Microwave 30 seconds to 1 minute or until butter has melted completely.
- Pour half the sauce over the top of the pork chops, and spread using the back of a spoon.
- Turn pork chops and spread the remaining sauce over the top. Bake 25-30 minutes or until baked to 150-160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and rest 10 minutes. Serve warm.
140-150 degrees: Medium Rare
150-155 degrees: Medium
155-160 degrees: Medium Well
160 degrees: Well
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
These pork chops were delicious and I will definitely be making these again!
So happy to hear!
My husband loved this and said it was restaurant quality and he’d go back for it again. The chops were moist, tender and flavorful!
That’s awesome to hear! Thanks for your comment!
Delicious….best recipe ever for pork chops I have ever made! Definitely a family favorite!
That’s so awesome to hear!