Southwestern Salmon Croquettes with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
Thanks Van’s Foods for sponsoring this post and helping me create flavorful Southwestern Salmon Croquettes with Creamy Chipotle Sauce.
Time to expand your horizons- the classic meatball gets a major makeover! In place of ground beef and Italian seasonings, fresh wild-caught salmon combined with latin flavors results in the most delicious Southwestern Salmon Croquettes. Top them off with a Creamy Chipotle Sauce and it just doesn’t get much better!
These Southwestern Salmon Croquettes are literally bursting with delicious Latin flavors and have the perfect kick of heat without being too spicey. They work well with a variety of sides from serving atop a gorgeous salad or along with Spanish rice and beans.
Soft, savory and gluten-free- Southwestern Chipotle Croquettes could not be easier to make. Start by grinding raw wild-caught Alaskan salmon in a food processor and then mix it with all other ingredients. The secret to incredibly tasty meatballs is using Van’s Lots of Everything crackers instead of breadcrumbs. After grinding your salmon, simply crumble the crackers using your food processor.
Van’s Lots of Everything Crackers are so tasty with a lovely crunch, and also provide 16 grams of whole grains per serving without any artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Not only did they work wonderfully in these Southwestern Chipotle Croquettes, but they were also pretty delicious dipped into the Creamy Chipotle Sauce. And I love that they keep this dish nutritious and gluten-free. In addition to Van’s delicious and nutritious gluten-free crackers, the brand also makes tasty waffles, granola, snack bars, and even pasta sides that are certified gluten-free.
This meal is top-notch. You MUST try. It looks fancy, but it is so super easy and pretty quick too. These salmon croquettes are bound to become a signature meal for your family. They’re:
Tender on the inside
Firm with a crust on the outside
And bursting with flavor!
- The Croquettes:
- 1 lb. skinless salmon cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
- 1 small chipotle pepper in adobo sauce canned and minced
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Van's Foods Everything Crackers crushed into crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 egg white from large egg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- The Sauce:
- 1 small chipotle pepper in adobo sauce canned
- 1 5.3 oz container fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large avocado seeded and removed from peel
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ lime juiced
- 5 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the salmon in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, scraping down the sides as necessary. Transfer to a large bowl.
- To the salmon add chipotle sauce, pepper, cracker crumbs, cilantro, egg white, and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Using a 2 tablespoon portions of the salmon mixture, form croquettes by rolling between the palms of your hands. Place the croquettes on the prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake until the croquettes are firm to the touch and cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve the croquettes with the chipotle sauce.
- While meatballs are baking, in the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine the chipotle pepper, yogurt, avocado, garlic, lime juice, water and seasonings. Blend until smooth.
Looking for other gluten-free recipes? Check out the below links for more deliciousness!
Easy Lentil Meatballs from Minimalist Baker
Bison Meatballs with Chimichurri Sauce from Kim’s Cravings
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with Zucchini Noodles and Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce from Food, Faith and Fitness
Something to think about….
Have you tried Van’s Lots of Everything crackers? They’re so good! You seriously need to check them out ASAP!
Enter the giveaway below for your chance to win some fun Van’s goodies!