BBQ Chicken Salad
This grilled chicken barbecue salad is a party on your plate and full of mind-blowing flavor. It’s a smart salad that comes together super quick and will please the whole family!
I have to be honest with you guys- I’ve never been real into barbecue sauce. I’ve always thought it’s just okay. But then I gave Kraft Sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce a try. Oh my goodness, the flavor of this barbecue sauce totally makes this salad! Brad and I grilled out this past weekend and I created this grilled chicken barbecue salad… we’re already craving it again.
Grilled Chicken Barbecue Salad combines crunchy romaine lettuce with honey sweet barbecue grilled chicken, corn, black beans, fresh tomatoes, black olives, a drizzle of light ranch and Kraft Sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce- quick, refreshing and delicioso!
Kraft is stepping up to revamp their barbecue sauces. Consumer research uncovered that barbecue sauce lovers want quality ingredients and bold flavor varieties that turn the spotlight where it belongs – on the food. Consumers also said they preferred their barbecue sauce without high fructose corn syrup, so they switched to cane sugar. Yes and yes!!!
BBQ Chicken Salad
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced or pounded thin
- 1/3 cup Sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce , or other favorite Barbecue Sauce
- 4 small heads romaine lettuce, about 20 oz.
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped or 1 cup cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn, drained
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- light ranch and Honey Sweet Barbecue Sauce for dressing
- 1 ripe avocado , sliced
- Crushed tortilla or corn chips , for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- Marinate chicken breast in barbecue sauce in a large baggie for at least 30 minutes (or up to overnight).
- Prepare grill, as necessary and when ready, grill chicken at medium-heat until it is cooked thoroughly, about 4 minutes on the first side and 3-4 minutes on the other side. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad ingredients and divide salad into 4 salad bowls.
- When chicken has cooled slightly, chop into bite-sized pieces and divide over the 4 salads. Drizzle salads with light ranch and sweet honey barbecue sauce or other favorite barbecue sauce. Top with crushed chips and enjoy!