Gluten Free Banana Oat Waffles
Healthy Gluten Free Banana Oat Waffles are light, crispy-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside, clean eating waffles. They will satisfy your waffle craving while you stay on track with health/fitness goals!
Have I mentioned how much I adore waffles? Well, if you weren’t aware, waffles are my breakfast favorite. Since I’ve been back on the 21 Day Fix EXTREME diet plan, waffles have been nonexistent in my breakfast regimen. It’s been all about the oats and egg whites. That’s all fine and good (I actually really like oatmeal and egg white omelets), but a girl has to get her waffle fill from time to time. 21 Day Fix EXTREME approved Gluten Free Banana Oat Waffles to the rescue!
I can’t wait for you guys to give these beauties a try- they’re filling. And easy. Plus (deep breath) flour-free, sugar-free, dairy-free and gluten-free – provided you buy gluten-free oats. Add some sliced strawberries, a handful of chopped almonds and a little maple syrup and you have one dreamy breakfast. And if you have leftovers you can keep them in the fridge (or freezer) and toast them the next day. It’s a full-blown love affair I’m having with these waffles. Give them a whirl and you’ll see exactly what I’m gushing about.
If you thought waffles were just a weekend treat thing, think again. Whip these up and you’ll see that these easy peasy gluten free banana oat waffles are perfect for any ol’ day. They’re:
light and crispy
so simple and come together almost as quick as a bowl of cereal
… but waaaaaay more scrumptious!!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats gluten free as needed
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or other milk product
- 11/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 packet stevia
- Optional toppings: almond/peanut butter coconut butter, coconut oil, honey, maple syrup and/or fresh fruit
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until almost smooth.
- Pour about 3/4 cup batter onto waffle iron. Allow waffle to cook. I cook mine on the highest setting and a little longer from when the waffle iron goes off, so the waffles are a little crisper, otherwise these will be very soft waffles.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings!
For 21 Day Fix meal plan, 1 waffle counts as 1 yellow and 1/2 purple.
Check out the inspiration for this recipe!
Enjoy a few of my other favorite waffle recipes!
Chocolate Protein Waffles– a new recipe, I cannot stop making!
Buckwheat Belgian Waffles (a little more time-consuming, but well worth it and has received rave reviews)
You don’t have a waffle iron? You better get one asap! Mine was really cheap, but works like a charm and has been going for over 10 years. It’s similar to this one on Amazon. <—affiliate link