Blackened Salmon With Strawberry Avocado Salsa (A meal for Mom!)
Blackened Salmon With Strawberry Avocado Salsa – A hearty, intensely flavorful dish that’s as colorful as it is delicious. Just 20 minutes required!
This entire dish can go from fridge to table in under 20 minutes and it’s truly fit for a queen. Your mama! It all starts with well-seasoned salmon, pan-fried until the outer layer is slightly crisp and the inside is so juicy. Serve it up with a light, cool strawberry avocado salsa for a splash of color and elegance.
Mom is so worth it. Prove that she’s the BEST, by treating her with this ‘lick your lips’ flavorful meal. Just don’t forget the JaM Cellars! The melt in your mouth smoothness of the Butter Chardonnay pairs absolutely perfectly with this recipe. Everything’s better with Butter!
I’m just going to put it out there. My mom’s simply awesome. I’m sure you’d say the same about your mother, so why not switch things up this Mother’s Day and honor her with a special home cooked dinner and creamy-licious Butter?
In my family, it is a tradition for my mom, sister and I to make Mother’s Day all about celebrating each other. We spend the day together shopping and getting pedicures, but then I take them back to my house for an evening of laughter, fun, good food and most importantly good drinks. You better believe I’m prepped and ready to go with JaM Cellars Butter Chardonnay!
JaM Cellars makes three easy-to-love, everyday California wines Butter Chardonnay, JaM Cabernet and Toast Sparkling. Something for everyone! Your beautiful mama is going to feel so spoiled!
Butter Chardonnay is rich, bold and luscious. Made in the tradition of quality Californian winemaking, the grapes selected are juicy, ripe and bursting with flavor. The easy-to-love Chardonnay is cold fermented to a lush creaminess and aged with a unique blend of oak. Butter brims with stone fruit and baked-lemon notes and has a lovely, long, vanilla finish. Simply put, it melts in your mouth!
This blackened salmon with strawberry avocado salsa, paired with Butter is one of those dishes everyone will love – it’s as flavorful as it is colorful. It’s:
Quick + easy
Gourmet dinner at home couldn’t get easier or tastier!
If you try this recipe, I want to know! Leave a comment and tag a photo #kimscravings on Instagram. Enjoy, friends!
From fridge to table in under 20 minutes, this dish is healthy, colorful and full of flavor.
- 20-28 ounces about 2 pounds fresh salmon , about 4 fillets (wild-caught is best)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces strawberries , diced
- 1/2 small red onion , diced
- 2 jalapeño chile peppers , seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large avocado , peeled, seeded and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all seasonings, for the salmon, in a small bowl. Press seasoning into salmon and gently rub the seasoning to completely coat the salmon
- In a nonstick pan, add about ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or spray with cooking spray and heat to medium-high. When pan is hot, add the salmon, flesh side down and cook for 3-5 minutes with lid on the pan. Flip the salmon and cook fish all the way through (uncovered), about 5 more minutes. You can check the middle of the salmon with a fork to make sure it is heated and beginning to flake.
- While salmon is cooking, prepare strawberry avocado salsa by simply mixing all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
Plate salmon (skin removed) and top with plenty of strawberry avocado salsa. Enjoy with Butter!
OTHER FAVORITE SEAFOOD DISHES TO ENJOY!
Something to think about….
Do you have a special way that you celebrate your mother every year?
Get social – Follow JaM Cellars on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for daily wine inspiration, fun happenings and events or sign up for The Scoop to get the latest delivered right to your inbox. Sip, smile and share! #JaMCellars @JaMCellars
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.