Easy Strawberry Salsa with Avocado
Oh my goodness, guys. This strawberry salsa is so fresh and tasty, once you start, you won’t be able to stop – I couldn’t help from eating up the whole bowl in one day. Strawberry salsa is perfect when served as a dip for chips, or a topping for tacos or grilled fish and chicken. Bring it to your next cookout, picnic or party!
Strawberries are delicious in both sweet and savory applications. Some of my favorite ways to use this berry include blackened salmon topped with strawberry salsa, strawberry muffins and this simple, yet satisfying salsa.
This post was originally published on 5/8/17 and was updated on 6/22/20 with new content.
My family absolutely loves chips and salsa! It’s a great appetizer option for parties and gatherings. Switch things up a bit and swap out the traditional tomato based salsa for this fresh strawberry salsa. It’s bright, colorful and so easy to make!
How do you make strawberry salsa?
This salsa recipe could not be easier, requiring just six ingredients and only 10 minutes to prepare. Sweet, juicy strawberries are combined with creamy avocado, spicy peppers, crisp onion and flavorful cilantro and then it all gets tossed in lime juice. So good!
A mix of avocado, onion and peppers may seem like an odd addition to berries. It totally works, though, guys. If you love spicy-sweet like me, you’re going to adore this combo.
Tips for the perfect fruit salsa
- Make sure to finely dice your fruit and vegetables so that the salsa can be easily scooped up with chips.
- This recipe works best with fresh strawberries. Frozen strawberries will water down the salsa.
- There is jalapeño in this recipe, but removing the seeds and ribs removes almost all of the heat. If you prefer a spicier salsa, you can add some of the seeds or ribs to the mix. Feel free to use only one jalapeño, if you’re sensitive to spice.
- This salsa is great served with tortilla chips, over grilled fish or chicken breast, or as a topping for shrimp tacos.
Strawberry salsa variations
Even though this recipe is pretty spectacular as-is, feel free to use your favorite ingredients to customize it.
- Fruit: Swap out the strawberries with another fruit or use a combination of fruits. Mango, papaya, or pineapple would all be wonderful.
- Add-ins: Roasted corn would be so tasty and add even more flavor and texture. Another great addition would be crumbled feta or Cotija cheese.
- Herbs: Cilantro is a classic salsa ingredient, but you can use green onions if you prefer.
Experiment, have fun, make it your own. Just be sure and double the recipe – you’re going to want boatloads of this goodness. Trust me.
Friends, do yourselves a favor and make this fruity salsa as soon as possible. It’s:
Fresh + flavorful
And wonderfully addicting
So easy, affordable and customizable, fruit salsas are the BEST for celebrations and can be whipped up in a pinch. People seriously go nutzo for fun, colorful apps like this one. It’s figure-friendly, so serving it around the pool just works. Go nutzo, yourself, and make this up for memorial day, 4th of July, or any other summer get-together or just to have around the house for yummy snacking.
You simply cannot go wrong with salsa, and this fruity version is one of my all time favorite snacks!
More Delicious Fruit Salsa Options
If you try this strawberry salsa recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. It’s so fun to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Easy Strawberry Salsa with Avocado
- 8 ounces strawberries, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium to large serving bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Taste and adjust ingredients as desired.
- Cover and store in the fridge. Serve room temperature or chilled.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or use as topping for fish, chicken or toss in with a green salad. Enjoy!