Super Simple Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Last night we had such an easy, tasty dinner- Super Simple Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa. It was absolutely the most perfect summer meal… light, refreshing and quick!
Using precut pineapple and shrimp that had been deveined with tails off helped me pull this whole meal together in less than 20 minutes. Who wants to be in the kitchen all evening when there’s summer fun to be had?!?!
Both shrimp and pineapple have quickly become two of my favorite foods. Shrimp is a great low-calorie, high-protein, figure-friendly option that pairs well with a variety of meal options. Plus it cooks up so quickly… just be careful not to overcook it. And I could go on and on about pineapple… it is so sweet and juicy right now. I love the combination of sweet and savory in these super simple shrimp tacos!
The pineapple salsa is actually great with just chips and would work well on grilled chicken or served over brown rice. The sweet juicy pineapple balances out the spice from the jalapeno and really takes this whole meal to the next level. I have to say the pineapple salsa really steals the show in this flavorful meal. So fresh and tasty!
- 1 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 1 small to medium tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- juice from 1 lime 2-3 tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 corn tortillas for serving
- optional garnish- guacamole sour cream, cheese
- Prepare salsa by combining all salsa ingredients listed above, pineapple through honey, in a small bowl.
- Toss shrimp with lime juice, salt and chili powder in a medium bowl. Grease a large skillet with olive oil or spray with a nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Transfer shrimp to skillet and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side and until pink. Do not overcook.
- Serve shrimp on corn tortillas with salsa and any other favorite garnish. I served mine topped with guacamole.
Enjoy a few other quick and easy summertime recipes!
What’s your favorite go-to quick and easy summer recipe?