15 minute Pesto Pasta
This 15 minute Pesto Pasta meal is my go-to for a quick and easy dinner. Not only does my whole family love it, but it makes a large amount and that means lunch is ready for the next day. It’s a huge crowd pleaser, so it’s great for taking to potlucks or other get-togethers.
I’ve been creating this dinner for as long as I can remember. This pesto pasta is one of my family’s favorite dinners and I make it quite a bit. Why I waited so long to update the photos- I don’t know.
My favorite way to enjoy this pesto pasta meal is served salad-style, over mixed greens. The recipe is totally adaptable too- if you’re vegan, leave out the chicken and feta. Basically, just leave out any ingredient you’re not crazy about. If there is an ingredient you think would work, add it in. I think artichoke hearts would be great. I’ve also, on occasion, used roasted red pepper in place of the tomatoes. Feel free to use homemade pesto and grilled chicken, but for the quickest and easiest route, go with premade pesto and rotisserie or leftover cooked chicken.
- 16 oz. pasta Bowtie, Fusilli or Penne work best (I used a brown rice pasta for a gluten-free option.)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast about 2 chicken breasts, rotisserie chicken is a quick option
- 6-7 oz. jar premade pesto homemade would be a great option too
- 6 oz. crumbled feta cheese goat cheese would work, if you prefer
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking add all other ingredients (except feta) to a large serving bowl.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and combine with other ingredients. When pasta has cooled slightly, stir in feta.
- Serve slightly warm, room temperature or chilled. Enjoy!
Something to think about….
What’s your go-to quick and easy meal?
Do you have a go-to dish that you bring to get-togethers or potlucks?
Love this- “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison.” ~ Dr. Ann Wigmore