Easy Pasta Salad
This Easy Pasta Salad recipe is quick and easy to make, and it tastes AMAZING! If you’re looking for the PERFECT dish to bring to a pot luck dinner, this is the one! It is a recipe you’ll make again and again, always a crowd-pleaser!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ElevateYourMeal #CollectiveBias
When I was growing up, one of my favorite parts of getting together with my extended family was the yummy dishes that everyone would bring to share. Heck, that’s still my favorite part!
This Easy Pasta Salad was one that was a staple at family gatherings and it’s always been a hit with my kids because they love anything with pasta. There are also a lot of fresh, fun flavors in it which is a WIN WIN for everyone!
Speaking of the pasta, I used a new favorite – Barilla® Collezione. It’s a premium pasta with fantastic taste and texture that elevates everyday meals. Thanks to Barilla® Collezione I can make my pasta meals, like this one, extra special.
You can seriously taste the Collezione difference in this classic, comforting meal. Barilla® Collezione features six artisanal pasta shapes (and Barilla’s signature Totellini) and is crafted using traditional Italian bronze plates for a homemade “al dente” texture that perfectly holds sauces every time. Barilla® Collezione pasta is also made with non-GMO ingredients.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s very versatile. You don’t have to use all of the ingredients and you can add any others that you love. Don’t like capers? Feel free to leave them out. Love mushrooms? Throw them right in. I think chopped artichoke hearts and roasted red pepper would both be great additions. This is one of those salads that totally works with what you have on hand.
If you want to make this into a more hearty meal, you could easily add chicken or shrimp or serve salmon on the side! My husband doesn’t think it is a meal if it doesn’t have meat. Ha!
THIS IS HOW SIMPLE IT IS TO MAKE EASY PASTA SALAD:
All you are going to do is add these ingredients. My trick is to chop and slice everything before cooking the pasta. This recipe moves quick!
The ingredients for the salad are pretty straightforward:
- lots of fresh tomatoes and herbs
- olive oil and garlic
- kalamata and black olives (I buy pre sliced)
- salty capers
- feta cheese galore (I used reduced-fat)
- Barilla® Collezione Bucatini – so good!
And if you’re feeling like switching things up, feel free to get creative!
THE BEST WAY TO COOK THE PASTA:
- People like their pasta cooked differently. For me, I like it just a little firm so it won’t get mushy when you mix it. Barilla® Collezione Bucatini cooks really fast. It’s al dente after just about 7 minutes. Keep a close watch!
- Make sure when cooking pasta, you season it with salt. Not only does it make it boil faster, it makes your pasta taste delicious.
- I recommend also adding about 1 tablespoon of olive oil as your water is boiling. This will keep the pasta from sticking together. No one likes big chunks of pasta.
- Wait until you have a nice boil before adding your pasta! That allow the oil to spread around the water so it will evenly coat the pasta.
For even more great tips on cooking the best pasta possible, give this video from Gordon Ramsey a watch. You’ll have perfectly cooked and absolutely delicious pasta every time!
Have you tried Barilla® Collezione? Spend $15 on any Collezione products between 09/06/18 and 11/26/18 and receive a $5 reward. Grab the offer here!
LIKE THIS EASY PASTA SALAD RECIPE? YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE!
Southwest Jalapeño Pasta Salad
Best Ever Spaghetti and Meatballs
I’d love to know if you make this (or any) recipe! Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Easy Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 1 1/2 pounds roma tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 5 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil ribbons
- Cook Barilla® Collezione Bucatini in boiling salted water w/ 1 tablespoon olive oil and according to directions on package.
- When pasta is nearly finished heat olive oil in a small skillet or saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and sauté until just lightly golden, about 1 minute.
- Drain pasta and pour into a large serving bowl or mixing bowl. Pour olive oil and garlic mixture over pasta. Add in tomatoes, black olives, kalamata olives, feta, capers and parsley then toss to evenly coat while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Toss in basil and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
I found Barilla® Collezione conveniently located near other pasta varieties at my local Kroger.
This looks amazing, as I love all these ingredients. Just one question, pasta salads are typically served cold. However you say to chop all the ingredients so you can add to hot pasta and serve? So is this a cold dish or hot?
Thanks so much. It is really delicious! I first served it warm, but we ate the leftovers chilled. This pasta salad would is great warm, room temperature or chilled. Hope you get a chance to give it a try!
This sounds so good and really easy to make. Love the olives and capers in this salad and I can’t wait to try this one soon.
Hope you love it as much as I did!
Yes to all things Greek and to capers! Love that little addition to make this dish really special!
Love them too! 🙂
Barilla pasta is very good. I love your use of long pasta rather than shapes in this pasta salad.
Yes, huge fan of Barilla and I love changing up pasta salad with long pasta!
This is my kind of pasta salad! I love every single ingredient!
Hope you get a chance to give it a try!
Kim, this looks so yum. I love Pasta salads. Always yum.
Thanks so much!! Yep, I agree, pasta salads are always a win!
Wow, this Greek pasta looks so refreshing and perfect! I can only imagine the amount of flavors that melt in your mouth! Pinned!
Well, I’m already a Barilla fan, but I haven’t tried this version, so I’ll check it out. The salad looks wonderful and adding capers is something I haven’t thought of before. Great idea!
Yes, you’ll love this version!
This is such a colorful and flavorful pasta salad! Love the addition of the capers! We love our Barilla pasta here too!
Thanks so much!
So many wonderful flavors in this salad. Tucking this away for when our company visits next month.
Thanks so much! Hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!
Pasta salad is always a winner in this house. I know my son would LOVE this one – he is a huge fan of olives!
Yes, mine too!
I just used this pasta in one of my own recipes. So good! And I love capers and Greek flavors so I’d really enjoy this pasta salad.
Isn’t it great?! I REALLY love capers too!
I love the flavours in this pasta salad. I’ve never used bucatini this way. Will have to try it! Looks delicious! Here in Italy, we don’t usually add olive oil to the water because it coats the pasta and stops it from absorbing the sauce.
Thanks so much and that’s great to know about the olive oil, especially for recipes using a marinara sauce.
OMG this sounds just delicious! Loving the flavors here. The perfect pasta salad!
Thanks so much! Hope you get a chance to give it a try!
this really is full of flavores my whole family would enjoy. I often buy this brand so I will try it soon
Great! Let me know what you think!