Easy Pasta Salad
This Easy Pasta Salad recipe is quick and easy to make, and it tastes AMAZING! If you’re looking for the PERFECT dish to bring to a pot luck dinner, this is the one! It is a recipe you’ll make again and again, always a crowd-pleaser!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ElevateYourMeal #CollectiveBias
When I was growing up, one of my favorite parts of getting together with my extended family was the yummy dishes that everyone would bring to share. Heck, that’s still my favorite part!
This Easy Pasta Salad was one that was a staple at family gatherings and it’s always been a hit with my kids because they love anything with pasta. There are also a lot of fresh, fun flavors in it which is a WIN WIN for everyone!
Speaking of the pasta, I used a new favorite – Barilla® Collezione. It’s a premium pasta with fantastic taste and texture that elevates everyday meals. Thanks to Barilla® Collezione I can make my pasta meals, like this one, extra special.
You can seriously taste the Collezione difference in this classic, comforting meal. Barilla® Collezione features six artisanal pasta shapes (and Barilla’s signature Totellini) and is crafted using traditional Italian bronze plates for a homemade “al dente” texture that perfectly holds sauces every time. Barilla® Collezione pasta is also made with non-GMO ingredients.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s very versatile. You don’t have to use all of the ingredients and you can add any others that you love. Don’t like capers? Feel free to leave them out. Love mushrooms? Throw them right in. I think chopped artichoke hearts and roasted red pepper would both be great additions. This is one of those salads that totally works with what you have on hand.
If you want to make this into a more hearty meal, you could easily add chicken or shrimp or serve salmon on the side! My husband doesn’t think it is a meal if it doesn’t have meat. Ha!
THIS IS HOW SIMPLE IT IS TO MAKE EASY PASTA SALAD:
All you are going to do is add these ingredients. My trick is to chop and slice everything before cooking the pasta. This recipe moves quick!
The ingredients for the salad are pretty straightforward:
- lots of fresh tomatoes and herbs
- olive oil and garlic
- kalamata and black olives (I buy pre sliced)
- salty capers
- feta cheese galore (I used reduced-fat)
- Barilla® Collezione Bucatini – so good!
And if you’re feeling like switching things up, feel free to get creative!
THE BEST WAY TO COOK THE PASTA:
- People like their pasta cooked differently. For me, I like it just a little firm so it won’t get mushy when you mix it. Barilla® Collezione Bucatini cooks really fast. It’s al dente after just about 7 minutes. Keep a close watch!
- Make sure when cooking pasta, you season it with salt. Not only does it make it boil faster, it makes your pasta taste delicious.
- I recommend also adding about 1 tablespoon of olive oil as your water is boiling. This will keep the pasta from sticking together. No one likes big chunks of pasta.
- Wait until you have a nice boil before adding your pasta! That allow the oil to spread around the water so it will evenly coat the pasta.
For even more great tips on cooking the best pasta possible, give this video from Gordon Ramsey a watch. You’ll have perfectly cooked and absolutely delicious pasta every time!
Have you tried Barilla® Collezione? Spend $15 on any Collezione products between 09/06/18 and 11/26/18 and receive a $5 reward. Grab the offer here!
LIKE THIS EASY PASTA SALAD RECIPE? YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE!
Easy Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 1 1/2 pounds roma tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 5 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil ribbons
- Cook Barilla® Collezione Bucatini in boiling salted water w/ 1 tablespoon olive oil and according to directions on package.
- When pasta is nearly finished heat olive oil in a small skillet or saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and sauté until just lightly golden, about 1 minute.
- Drain pasta and pour into a large serving bowl or mixing bowl. Pour olive oil and garlic mixture over pasta. Add in tomatoes, black olives, kalamata olives, feta, capers and parsley then toss to evenly coat while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Toss in basil and serve.
I found Barilla® Collezione conveniently located near other pasta varieties at my local Kroger.