Gluten Free Pancakes with Double Berry Chia Seed Jam Syrup
These Gluten Free Pancakes with Double Berry Chia Seed Jam Syrup are deeeeelicious! I cannot wait for you guys to give them a try! You’re totally going to whip them up, this weekend, aren’t ya? Please and thank you.
Gluten free goodness meets beautifully fluffy, golden brown, scrumptious pancakes with double berry chia seed jam syrup. The nutritious and the yummy, together in one. Nothing else needed here… except maybe a mug of joe!
Breakfast, lunch or brinner- I could eat these for literally every meal. Sometimes all you really want for dinner is pancakes that fry up into perfectly round and evenly golden brown fluffy clouds with a lovely drizzle of double berry chia seed jam syrup.
Beyond being healthy, these gluten free pancakes taste amazing! Enjoying a huge stack of these, sure makes waking up a little easier. They’re:
And absolutely perfect under a heaping dollop of double berry chia seed jam syrup!
- For the pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour*
- 3 teaspoons baking powder gluten-free
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk**
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon pure raw honey***
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- For the double berry chia seed jam syrup:
- 5 tablespoons Double Berry Chia Seed Jam
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- Heat large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine almond milk, egg, honey and vanilla in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture; stir to combine until there are very few lumps. Batter will be quite thick.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto skillet or griddle. Thin out batter with the top of a spoon and form into a circle shape. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form around the edges of the pancake. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Continue with remaining batter.
- While pancakes are cooking, stir together jam and syrup. Heat mixture in microwave for about 20 seconds, if desired. Cover dish before microwaving.
- Serve 2 pancakes with 2 tablespoons Double Berry Chia Seed Jam Syrup.
*I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour. Feel free to use regular all-purpose or whole grain flour, if desired.
**Any milk will work.
***Maple syrup can be substituted.
Recipe adapted from Autumn Calabrese's Pancakes with Blueberry Jam from FIXATE. If following the 21 Day Fix, one serving is equal to 1 yellow and 1 purple.
~Other ideas for these pancakes- top with regular maple syrup, nuts, fresh fruit and/or peanut flour sauce. You could also add chocolate chips or blueberries to the batter before cooking.
No worries if you’re a plain jane kinda girl or guy- these pancakes are also pretty great on their own. Oh and I bet a handful of blueberries, or better yet, chocolate chips tossed in the batter would be incredible. Feel free to get creative, if jam isn’t your jam! 🙂
If Gluten Free Pancakes are your jam (pun totally intended :0), try my other favorites!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite pancake topping? This was my first time trying a jam syrup, but it definitely won’t be my last!