English Muffin Pizzas
English Muffin Pizzas make for a fun and easy pizza night idea! Everyone loves pizza, especially when they can create their own perfect pizza!
This recipe is sponsored by Thomas’ English Muffins; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.♡
English Muffin Pizzas are a staple with my kids on Saturday nights. They love them just as much as I did when I was kid! I can still remember my mom cutting up and preparing all of our favorite toppings. And then we would get to top our English muffins with tomato sauce, cheese and whatever other fixings we were craving.
This mini pizza idea also works great for after school snacks, slumber parties and even adult get togethers. Everyone gets to have a taste of what they like, and these easily cater to any dietary restrictions in a no-fuss manner.
HOW TO MAKE ENGLISH MUFFIN PIZZAS
This recipe is fool-proof! These English Muffin Pizzas are so easy that this is hardly a recipe at all. The recipe, below, is written to serve 4 people, two mini pizzas each, but you can easily scale it up or down based on your needs.
For the crust, we always use Thomas’ Light Multi-Grain English Muffins. With only 100 calories and 8 grams of fiber, they’re a great choice to keep things lighter. They’re a bit thinner than regular English muffins, which helps the crust crisp-up better in the oven – perfect for mini pizzas.
Start by spooning out and spreading a bit of sauce on the English muffins. Any marinara or pizza sauce will work. Sometimes we change it up and even use a white Alfredo sauce. On top of the sauce layer, add on some cheese and any other favorite toppings. The options are endless! Some of my family’s favorite toppings are chopped mushrooms, onion, black olives, bell pepper, sausage, Canadian bacon and, of course, mini pepperonis. Aren’t they cute?!
Now bake your pizzas on a baking sheet at 400ºF. for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Baking time will vary based on type of cheese used, climate and oven variances. If you want them a little browned on top, after the 10 minute baking time, broil on high for just a couple of minutes. The pizzas cook quick, so keep an eye on them. Serve immediately and if you want, garnish with fresh parsley or basil.
Will you be trying these English Muffin Pizzas? We guarantee these will be a hit at your next party and kiddos LOVE these! Grab Thomas’ English Muffins at Walmart!
LOOKING FOR OTHER KID FRIENDLY DINNERS? TRY THESE OTHER FAVORITES:
English Muffin Pizzas
- 4 Thomas’ Light Multi-Grain English Muffins,, halved
- Marinara or pizza sauce or Alfredo sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional toppings: mini pepperonis, bacon, veggies, fresh parsley or basil leaves, minced for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- Half muffins by using a fork or your fingers to work them open. Do not use a knife - we want to keep those "nooks and crannies texture" undisturbed. Place the 8 muffin halves on baking sheet.
- Evenly top with pizza sauce, cheese and whatever toppings you want.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Baking time will vary based on type of cheese used, climate and oven variances. For a browned look on top, broil for 1-2 minutes after cooking. They cook quickly so keep an eye on them.
- Optionally garnish with parsley or basil and serve immediately. Pizza is best warm and fresh.