Chipotle’s Famous Guacamole Recipe
If you’ve been perusing the internet lately, I’m sure you’ve come across some pretty big news- Chipotle Mexican Grill released their treasured guac recipe. You have to pay extra for the guac and it’s not cheap, but oh so worth it. With Chipotle’s Famous Guacamole Recipe out, now you can make this super easy delicious dip any time a craving hits.
Chipotle’s avocado concoction is actually not that different from your average guac recipe. And the ingredients are what you would typically use in a simple guacamole dip. I used all of the same ingredients Chipotle does, but changed the measurements slightly. Watch how simple it is to mash up the best damn bowl of guac, on popsugar.com.
Chipotle's Famous Guacamole Recipe
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced and seeded
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- juice from 1/2 lime, 2-3 teaspoons
- 1- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste (start with 1 teaspoon and add more as needed)
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half (vertically) and remove the pit by stabbing carefully with your knife. Use a paper towel or dish towel (so the pit is not slippery in your hands) to remove the pit from the knife.
- Scoop the avocados out of peel and place on a plate or in a medium bowl.
- Use a fork or potato masher to mash until a smooth consistency is achieved. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Take a taste or a few tastes and adjust seasoning as needed for yumminess!
Enjoy a few other copycat recipes, on the blog!
Have you tried whipping up Chipotle’s Famous Guacamole Recipe? It’s a MUST make!