Clean Eating Mexican Taco Meat
Whoever thought it was possible to limit tacos to Tuesday clearly never tried them stuffed with incredibly tasty clean eating Mexican taco meat!
I don’t think I’ve ever met a person that didn’t love tacos and the great thing with tacos is you can make them as healthy as you’d like. I typically use lean ground turkey or chicken for my taco meat and PERDUE® FIT & EASY® Fresh Ground Turkey or Chicken Breast is my meat of choice. A lot of chicken companies cut corners by feeding their chickens all sorts of animal by-products. But PERDUE® chickens are always fed a 100% vegetarian diet and they never use added hormones or steroids. It’s quality stuff, people! 🙂
Not only does PERDUE® care about their products, they are also passionate about ensuring there are no families going hungry. The fun fall promotion is Get Deals. Donate Meals. PERDUE® plans to donate 1.8 Million Meals to Feeding America through coupon redemption action. Every time you redeem a specially-marked coupon for easy, convenient PERDUE® Chicken Products, Perdue Foods will donate 4 ounces of protein to Feeding America® to help provide a meal through its nationwide network of food banks. I don’t know about you, but I’m all about saving a little money and helping others in the process. A win-win!
Instead of only using a boring taco seasoning mix, think outside the box and jazz up taco night with this full of flavor clean eating Mexican taco meat. Don’t stop with tacos, though, use this tasty Mexican meat for salads, burritos, quesadillas and more. The possibilities are endless!
This taco meat is very kid-friendly- however, if your kiddos or you are sensitive to extra spice, leave out one or both of the peppers, cut the chili powder down to 1 teaspoon and use more tomato sauce than salsa. This recipe is super versatile, so just adjust according to your family’s preference.
Clean Eating Mexican Taco Meat- super tasty Mexican taco meat for lean tacos perfect for any night of the week!
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound PERDUE® FIT & EASY® Fresh Ground Turkey or Chicken Breast
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup healthy homemade tomato sauce or salsa or a combination of the two
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste no salt added
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and jalapeños; cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes and until onions are soft.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Transfer onion mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add turkey to the same skillet; cook, over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to break up turkey, for 8 to 10 minutes and until turkey is no longer pink.
- Season with chili powder, cumin and garlic salt.
- Add onion mixture, tomato sauce or salsa (or a combination of the two) and tomato paste. Mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low, stirring frequently for about 8 minutes and until mixture thickens.
- Serve in tortillas or taco shells with all of your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Taco night is my favorite, any night of the week! Enjoy a couple other favorites from Kim’s Cravings!
Visit the Perdue website for your coupon and more information on how you can join the fight to end hunger and help families in need.
Follow Perdue on Facebook for recipe ideas, product information, news and exclusive savings: https://www.facebook.com/PerdueChicken
Looking for chicken recipes? Follow Perdue on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/perduechicken/
Something to think about….
Have you tried Perdue products?
What’s your favorite family-friendly clean-eating meal?
This post is sponsored by PERDUE®, but as always, all opinions are my own.