Easy Greek Pita Pizzas Recipe
This Easy Greek Pita Pizzas Recipe features roasted red peppers, artichokes, red onion, olives and basil! It’s quick + easy enough for a delicious weeknight meal, but so perfect for movie night too! Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Sing-Along Edition is now available to own on Digital, and will be on Blu-ray & DVD October 23 and I can’t think of a better way to enjoy these yummy Greek Pizzas than with one of my favorite movies!
This post is in partnership with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
That’s right, this weekend we’re planning a Greek-inspired evening with this Easy Greek Pita Pizzas Recipe, Greek salad and the BEST movie. Have you seen Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again? Oh my goodness… I’m so excited. My family loved the first Mamma Mia! and I’ve heard so many great things about the second one. Just take a look at the trailer!
We’ll be doing plenty of singing, dancing and eating. Can’t wait! I’m a total ABBA fan and the music in Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again is so fun and it just can’t help but make you happy. I’m super excited to see that the original cast is returning 10 years later! I’m a huge fan of Meryl Streep and I’m anxious to see Cher’s appearance.
This Greek pizza recipe can be ready in 10 minutes flat, giving you more time for singing, dancing and laughing. I used my Greek-inspired toppings of choice, but feel free to get creative and make your pizzas any way you please. I do recommend these pizzas as pictured, though. They were so tasty!
You can easily use any favorite pizza crust you want, homemade or store-bought. I kept things super simple and a little on the lighter side and used pitas. My kids love these, especially when we’re having a night in to enjoy one of our favorite movies.
You really can’t go wrong with Easy Greek Pita Pizzas and singing and dancing right along with Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again!
How are you guys going to celebrate the Worldwide Phenomenon and Sing-Along event of the year? Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Sing-Along Edition will have more music and more moments to enjoy and you better believe we’ll be “having the time of our lives”! 💃🏼
- 6 pitas (or more, buy at least one for each person you're serving)
- Marinara sauce
- Shredded mozzarella
- Roasted red peppers from a jar, diced
- Quartered artichoke hearts from a can, chopped
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Kalamata olives, sliced
- Optional garnishes: feta cheese, three to four fresh basil leaves, torn into little pieces, and red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 500ºF.
- Spread desired amount of marinara sauce over pitas and then evenly distribute all other toppings evenly over the pita pizzas, beginning with shredded mozzarella, followed by roasted red pepper, artichoke, red onion, olives and lastly, the feta.
- Bake pizzas individually on the top rack until the crust is golden and the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 10 minutes (or significantly less, if you’re using a baking stone/steel—keep an eye on it). Transfer pizza to a cutting board and sprinkle with torn fresh basil. I sprinkled mine with red pepper flakes, too. Slice and serve!