Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
This Clean Eating Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup is a quick and easy meal that is full of amazing flavors and is perfect for a chilly, busy day!
You guy are going to love how absolutely irresistibly delicious this slow cooker chicken enchilada soup tastes. And not only is it packed full of flavor, but it’s also healthy and, thanks to the Ninja® Cooking System with Auto-iQ™, it takes hardly any work. The slow cooker function includes worry-free ACCUTEMP temperature control. This capability operates behind the scenes to ensure your meals aren’t overcooked and that they cook evenly, so you get it right every time. This is a meal the whole family will love!
It takes a little while in Texas, but it’s finally starting to cool down. In fact, this week we went from high temperatures in the 70s and then all the way down to the 40s. That means I’m ready to bundle up in all my new winter wear, I splurged on during the Black Friday sales. Whoops! And that also means, I’ll be enjoying my fair share of cozy bowls of soup for dinner. Especially, easy and yummy soup recipes like this clean eating creamy enchilada soup!
This enchilada soup is my kind of recipe. Basically you just throw a few simple ingredients in your slow cooker and let it do its thing for a few hours. Every ingredient is probably something you already have in your pantry. You can use fresh or frozen chicken breast or canned or rotisserie. You’ll also need canned black beans, corn, diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted to add some flavor), diced green chiles, chicken broth, and enchilada sauce. Add in an onion and some seasonings for extra flavor and there you have it. The perfect easy weeknight meal!
I’m having so much fun experimenting with the Ninja Cooking System with Auto-iQ. With four appliances built into one, there’s so much it can do. I used the slow cooker function for this recipe, but it also can act as a stove top for searing and sautéing, a steamer and an oven for baking. This would make an awesome appliance for someone living the dorm life.
Throw everything in the Ninja Cooking System with Auto-iQ in the morning (or afternoon) and in the evening you have a comforting meal ready for you to eat! I love that the slow cooker function includes Triple Fusion Heat®, which brings bottom, side, and steam heat together for easy one-pot meals. And the capability it has to continue to keep the food warm even after it has cooked was fabulous.
I enjoyed this soup topped with a little shredded cheese, avocado slices, tortilla chips and fresh cilantro. But it’s also so tasty with a handful of tortilla chips on the side that I can dip into the soup as I eat it. There’s really no wrong way to chow down on this deliciousness!
Clean Eating Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 16 ounces canned chicken, drained, or 1 pound frozen chicken breast, or rotisserie chicken
- 2 15 ounce cans diced tomatoes (I like fire-roasted)
- 1 4 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 1 10 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 15 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning*
- 1 cup plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- Optional: tortilla chips, low-fat cheese, avocado slices, cilantro for topping
- Put everything except for Greek yogurt in your slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours. You can also make this soup on your stovetop! Simply put everything in a large pot, covered, and cook on medium-low for about 45-60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- If using full chicken breasts, take chicken out of the slow cooker just before serving, and shred. Add chicken back to the slow cooker, and stir in Greek yogurt. Serve warm with your favorite toppings.