Crockpot Lasagna is layers of meat sauce, three types of cheese, and noodles, all slow simmered to perfection in your slow cooker. A satisfying, flavorful, family-friendly meal that’s perfect for feeding a crowd! The ultimate comfort food in just 15 minutes of prep time!
You can never go wrong with a cheesy pasta meal! Even my picky kiddos are down for this dinner!
Lasagna is a comfort food classic, no one can resist all those layers of tender pasta with plenty melted cheese. This crockpot lasagna only takes about 15 minutes to prep, and it’s loaded with flavor. It’s perfect for those busy nights when you know you won’t have time to make dinner. You can prep this the night before and store it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, simply take it out, plug it in and get it cooking before you leave the house for the day. Or sometimes I just prep it in the morning because it doesn’t take that much time.
Serve it alongside a simple Italian salad and garlic bread for a cozy dinner that’s perfect this time of the year!
How Do You Make Crockpot Lasagna?
This crockpot lasagna recipe is easy to assemble and even easier to cook! Who knew that you could throw lasagna ingredients into a slow cooker and have it turn out just like a lasagna out of the oven?
Not only is this crockpot lasagna recipe super easy, but it also has a wonderful texture and flavor.
- Start off by browning the meat in a large skillet.
- While the meat is cooking, mix the cheeses, parsley and egg in a medium mixing bowl.
- Once the meat is cooked, drain it and add it back to the skillet with a jar of marinara.
- Add 1 cup water to the empty sauce jar; cover with lid and shake well. Pour the water into the meat and marinara mixture; stir until blended. The water that’s added to the sauce will help to cook the noodles during baking, so you don’t have to cook them beforehand. This will save you 15 to 20 minutes of prep time.
How Do You Assemble Lasagna In The Slow Cooker?
Now that the meat sauce and cheeses are prepped and ready, it’s time to for the layering.
- First, spread about a cup of the meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Next, top with layers of half each of the noodles, broken to fit, and cheese mixture.
- Top with 2 cups of the remaining meat sauce.
- End the layering with remaining noodles, broken to fit, cheese mixture and meat sauce.
- Cover with the lid.
- Slow cook on low for 4-6 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; let stand, covered, 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This lasagna is so easy and packed with flavor, but feel free to change it up and make it your own.
- Vegetables: Add in your favorite veggies. Chopped mushrooms or onion would be great in the meat sauce. You could also add a thawed 10-ounce package of frozen chopped spinach to the cheese mixture. Be sure to squeeze out as much water from the spinach as you can.
- Meat: Try using Italian sausage instead of ground beef or turkey in the sauce.
- Sauce: For a white sauce lasagna, replace the marinara with a creamy Alfredo sauce.
- Cheese: You can mix the mozzarella with other cheeses that melt well, such as fontina or provolone.
Crockpot Lasagna FAQs
How long does it take to cook lasagna in the slow cooker?
This crockpot lasagna takes about 4 to 6 hours on low. I think the texture is better when you use the low setting to cook the lasagna. However, if you’re in a hurry, cook the lasagna on high for about 2 hours. Be sure to check that every layer of the lasagna is cooked before turning the slow cooker off and serving the lasagna.
Do I have to precook the noodles?
One of the best things about this recipe is there is no need to precook the lasagna noodles before assembling the lasagna in the crockpot. Do make sure all of the noodles are covered in sauce, so they fully cook.
Can I freeze crockpot lasagna?
Crockpot lasagna freezes really well. Cook the lasagna according to the directions in the recipe card. Let the lasagna cool completely and then cut it into individual servings.
Place the lasagna pieces into freezer-safe containers and mark them with the date. The lasagna will keep well in the freezer for up to about 3 months.
To thaw and cook the lasagna after freezing, let lasagna thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Microwave for 3-5 minutes or warm it in the oven at 350ºF for 10-15 minutes.
More Italian Favorites
If you try this easy lasagna recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and if your family loves it as much as mine does, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. It’s so fun to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (24-26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (6-8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley + more for garnish
- 6 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in marinara with meat. Add 1 cup water to the empty marinara sauce jar; cover with lid and shake well. Pour the water into the meat and marinara mixture; stir until blended.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, egg and parsley together.
- Spray the bottom and sides of the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray or use a crockpot liner. Spoon 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker and spread evenly on the bottom; top with layers of half each of the noodles, broken to fit, and cheese mixture. Cover with 2 cups of the remaining meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles, broken to fit, cheese mixture and meat sauce. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low 4 to 6 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; let stand, covered, 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.